Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: USPSA Division Equipment Rules (Guns)

Site Supporter
    Unfortunately you caught me at the point in life where I'm down to just one division until I actually get gooder

Besides, the three other single stack guys are depending on me to improve my skills so I can be tough competition. Can't let them down [emoji23]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I don't think that the sport itself, as in people of it, has any illusions about L10. In regards to a specific potential match-up you alluded to, I don't think there is much illusion about as well. Shane shooting 343 alphas vs Ben's 403 for a gain of whole 3 seconds would not leave much to imagination if they both shot minor pf. I don't really think L10 dilutes the scene than much.
    I'm not saying that Ben would of lost, but I'm willing to bet Shane would had a different game plan if he was shooting production.

This argument is like saying the 49ers shouldn't have played in the Super Bowl because we know they lost by two scores. As a spectator I want to see the best shooters go head to head, even if I know that there is a front runner going into the match.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Just combine it and SS. Keep the 8rd major / 10 rd minor rule from SS to keep the choice of power factor not obvious.
    This makes no sense. L10 can be collapsed into Limited and the only people who will be upset is the ones who can't keep up with the stiffer competition.

Combining it with SS would make it quite troublesome when it comes time to pick a IPSC World Shoot Classic team and the front runner shoots a Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    I'm not saying that Ben would of lost, but I'm willing to bet Shane would had a different game plan if he was shooting production.

That's true, although looking at the numbers and times, I dunno what he could've done even if he shot Production.
    Shane is a terrific shooter but at the highest levels he hasn't made much of an impact in any minor power factor division. Major vs minor shooting style and approach are really different. JJ told @GJM how shooting Production messed up his Open game at some point. There are maybe four guys who are able to shoot both and be real contenders at the Nats. I doubt we were robbed of some tense match-up in this particular case and, in general, people who choose shooting L10 do it because they know they don't have a realistic chance of winning in a real division. Regardless if it is a local match or Nats.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    That's true, although looking at the numbers and times, I dunno what he could've done even if he shot Production.
    Shane is a terrific shooter but at the highest levels he hasn't made much of an impact in any minor power factor division.
    9/10 Ben's going to win. 1/10 is the 2016 production nats where Shane beat Ben.

No one would have predicted the 9-7 Titans would have beat the 12-4 Patriots and the 14-2 Ravens. Things like that make sports exciting. We never would have seen that if the Titans were playing in a different league.

The shooting sports are extremely individual and almost completely devoid of spectator appeal. Even slightly considering the appeal of shooter x vs y as the basis to have or not have a division misses the point of this sport completely.

Since this has morphed into a general USPSA thread, anyone know why the member class look-up tool would be showing that I haven't shot a single classifier? Do clubs or I have to input that data in a separate manner than just posting scores on practiscore? I was really hoping to be classed after yesterday's match.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Since this has morphed into a general USPSA thread, anyone know why the member class look-up tool would be showing that I haven't shot a single classifier? Do clubs or I have to input that data in a separate manner than just posting scores on practiscore? I was really hoping to be classed after yesterday's match.
    you have to wait for your MD to upload the results to USPSA and then wait until the following Tuesday night for the system to be run.

Most clubs are pretty good about getting them up in a few days through the next week.

You will also need a minimum of 4 valid classifier entries before you get an initial letter for your division.
    https://uspsa.org/pages/about/classification

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    you have to wait for your MD to upload the results to USPSA and then wait until the following Tuesday night for the system to be run.

Most clubs are pretty good about getting them up in a few days through the next week.

You will also need a minimum of 4 valid classifier entries before you get an initial letter for your division.
    Ok so that explains the one from yesterday, thanks. Do they expire? I shot my other three in 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Ok so that explains the one from yesterday, thanks. Do they expire? I shot my other three in 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that I am aware of. Sometimes older stages are removed, but I am not sure how that affects percentages if at all. So long as they have a "Y" next to them you should be good.

There is one club I shoot that only uploads once a year in December, which is rather annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    This makes no sense. L10 can be collapsed into Limited and the only people who will be upset is the ones who can't keep up with the stiffer competition.
    The people who live in a ten round state and want to shoot an Area match or nationals will also be upset.

User Tag List