Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA Division Equipment Rules (Guns)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    No one who is even moderately serious about USPSA Revolver uses a six gun with speedloaders. They're all using 8 shooters with moonclips.
    I used to use a 6 shot speedloader gun and junk dudes running 8 shooters. 🤷*♂️

22 rounds has worked in nearly every 140mm mag I have used, regardless of platform. 23 has always been iffy, and if even an option, reserved for something like a 24 round speed shot, where the time for a reload is almost equal to the points loss with a miss.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Agree. Now that I shoot carry optics I roll with two 19 round mags with CZ OEM +2 basepads and two 19 rounders, plus a barney mag for MR.

Very seldomly do I come across a stage that has 23 - 24 rounds, and when I do there's always a place to do a reload on the move.

I tried, for shits and grins, to setup a mag to take 23 rounds and found two things: the base pad won't fit in the 141 mm gage and I had to cut the spring down so much that now the gun won't lock open on empty. IMO that's not a reliable magazine to take to a match, even if it weren't over length.
    Unfortunately our club just LOVES to run 32+ round stages at least once or twice a match because we have so many bloody Limited, Open, PCC, and Carry Optics shooters. It’s really frustrating sometimes as a Production shooter when the stage is literally designed to shoot 10+ rounds from a single standing location to where I’m at an obvious disadvantage sitting there making standing reloads.

That said, and not because of the situations above, there’s a decent chance at some point in the future I may switch over to Carry Optics as I’ll eventually get dot curious and then will want to shoot what I carry. If I do that, there’s a good chance it’ll be with a P-10F with 19+2 OEM magazines as that's about as reliable an OEM solution I could get for doing such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Unfortunately our club just LOVES to run 32+ round stages at least once or twice a match because we have so many bloody Limited, Open, PCC, and Carry Optics shooters. It’s really frustrating sometimes as a Production shooter when the stage is literally designed to shoot 10+ rounds from a single standing location to where I’m at an obvious disadvantage sitting there making standing reloads.

That said, and not because of the situations above, there’s a decent chance at some point in the future I may switch over to Carry Optics as I’ll eventually get dot curious and then will want to shoot what I carry. If I do that, there’s a good chance it’ll be with a P-10F with 19+2 OEM magazines as that's about as reliable an OEM solution I could get for doing such a thing.
    Do the CZ OEM 19 round mags with the +2 extensions fit the 140 gauge?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

[QUOTE=spinmove_;997735]Unfortunately our club just LOVES to run 32+ round stages at least once or twice a match because we have so many bloody Limited, Open, PCC, and Carry Optics shooters. It’s really frustrating sometimes as a Production shooter when the stage is literally designed to shoot 10+ rounds from a single standing location to where I’m at an obvious disadvantage sitting there making standing reloads.

/QUOTE]

That sucks. Bad stage design regardless of division.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I used to use a 6 shot speedloader gun and junk dudes running 8 shooters. 🤷*♂️
    Video or it didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Do the CZ OEM 19 round mags with the +2 extensions fit the 140 gauge?
    I'd like to know myself before the Buckeye Blast. I may just buy a gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    In my S2 CO gun, I'm having good luck with 22 rounds reloadable using 17 round Mec-gar tubes, Henning or Springer extensions, and Grams followers & springs. I've yet to have an issue. A couple of the Springer mags needed to be filed on the back feed lip corners to fit in the gauge. Henning extensions are GTG, and I prefer those.
    I have a gift certificate for Springer from one of last year's matches, but everything I hear about Henning baseplates makes me want to buy some.

I'd hate to go to the state match in May and get f-ed with mags that don't fit the gage.

Long Courses – In Level III or higher matches must not require more than 32 rounds to complete. At any level match, course design and construction must not require more than 8 scoring hits from any single location or view, nor allow a competitor to shoot all targets in the course of fire from any single location or view.

The places I shoot limit to 32 even at L1.
    Tomorrow will likely have 2x32, 2x20, 2 classifier. 2-8 hits per position.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    That meme is beautifully true, apart from the fact that it's using "you're" where "your" would be correct.

User Tag List