Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ya’ll know we must have Gaston cussing under his breath, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I’ll assume you are referring to the length of the G19 grip. The grip in the hand feels fatter then a G17 to those of use with smaller hands due to the hump placement. To bad GLOCK didn’t go the original route of the rare Gen 1 G19 that is a gut down 17 grip. It took a Gen 4 / no backstrap option 19 for me to ever consider one for carry.
    Grip reduced Glocks are the bomb compared to the "ergonomics" initially employed.

A G19 that has the hump removed and flattened to a proper 11º angle is an excellent pointing and fairly well shooting gun. All it needs after that is to not have a mushy trigger; And group better than 4" at 25y; And not have crappy plastic sights; And after that it's basically just a plastic, safety-less, 1911...

Student
    I brought my G45s during my first time with Mr. White. The stock sights were fine and I managed a Dark Pin.

While I'm back the Beretta buddies again, occasionally I'll still bring a G45 since most new shooters are using Glocks and it helps when volunteering with classes. I've been thinking that I can't be the only one who would buy a metal version of the stock black-and-white sights.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    I brought my G45s during my first time with Mr. White. The stock sights were fine and I managed a Dark Pin.

While I'm back the Beretta buddies again, occasionally I'll still bring a G45 since most new shooters are using Glocks and it helps when volunteering with classes. I've been thinking that I can't be the only one who would buy a metal version of the stock black-and-white sights.
    You and the British Army.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post

In the event you really want to:

https://store.teamglock.com/gun-part...ght-6-5mm.html

https://store.teamglock.com/gun-part...t-w-screw.html

I used to love the Glock sight picture until my eyes aged. I actually looked for those for a few years in the pre internet days.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    For all the bitchin' and moanin' about the crap plastic OEM sights on Glocks I got by with them from 1988 and 1995 through 2017 on two of my guns respectively.

(That said, I do appreciate the upgraded sights now that I got spoiled by the recommendations of the fancy people hanging out hereabouts. )
    I've never had a problem with the plastic factory sights. I've helped a bunch of dudes find their aftermarket sights, alternatively from downrange and the parking lot.

Gaston doesn't care what I want in a handgun and in turn, I don't care why he's cussing under his breath. But the plastic adjustable (for windage) sights was a good move. The "points" gained from such meant Glock didn't have to resort to other "features" to ensure the first G17 was importable to the US, such as a magazine disconnect.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Student
    Thanks for the tips fellas, I guess this must be my lucky day.

User Tag List