Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Higginbotham on Shooting Center Mass...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    There was a debate on "anatomical correctness" at the inception of IDPA. I understand they raised the Zero in the torso... but not by much.
    I believe Tom Givens was the one who pushed to have the zero area raised. He talked some about this matter in the class I attended a few years ago.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    @Tokarev

Thank you for the article. Lately I have been meaning to buy some of these:

http://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-dstt-10.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I believe that Jim Higginbotham was/is a disciple of Evan Marshall's garbage with a few of his own twists. A big proponent of .357 "stopping power" He had formulas on how many rounds it would take to stop an antagonist with the various service caliber pistols.

He did preach shot placement more than Marshall....but it would be mixed in with his "science" that it takes 3 9mm HP's to equal one .45acp. Before one hangs on his prophecy diligent research into his past positions would be prudent.
    His statement of where bullet placement does the most damage should stand on its own merits regardless of what other topics he might be right or wrong about.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    His statement of where bullet placement does the most damage should stand on its own merits regardless of what other topics he might be right or wrong about.
    I apologize for not acknowledging his information pertaining to shot placement. I thought his information on shot placement was fairly common knowledge at this point. I did not realize it wasn't and should have been aware of that.

Wiki has an image that makes it quite clear where the important stuff is:

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki...ump-to-license

( different sizes of image can be found at link )

Plus, who knew that one kidney is positioned lower than the other?

— Michael

deleted, not relevant

I didn't know that anyone who knows what they are doing still teaches center mass. I thought that went out with Weaver.

So to work on this....

What “Anatomically correct” commercial targets do folks recommend?

Or

If one was to modify a standard USPSA target for “anatomically correct” practice, what should be the dimensions and position(s) of the “A“ zone?

Re: that 'tactical anatomy' site.. It it his? Does it belong to Jim Higginbotham?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Re: that 'tactical anatomy' site.. It it his? Does it belong to Jim Higginbotham?
    As I recall that is Dr James Williams.

User Tag List