Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&W M66-2

S&W M66-2

I was excited to find this gem earlier this week. A near mint S&W M66-2. It’s just like going back in time to the early 1980’s and picking up a brand new revolver. I was in my mid 20’s when this pistol was made. I thought I would share a couple of pictures with you all. It’s not going to live in my safe, it’s gonna be a shooter! Gonna put a Hogue Monogrip on it and go break it in!

Name:  BB1DE310-0795-4B96-901A-95D9222B8BA4.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  56.6 KB

Name:  4CDEF7BB-27C5-4473-8D06-2FCF0E38E75E.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  58.5 KB

If that was the only handgun I owned, I would not feel impoverished.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    If that was the only handgun I owned, I would not feel impoverished.
    Yep. You could do far worse.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Nice looking gun. Id keep those grips on it.

Pretty much the only gun i shoot and carry is my 66.

Congrats on a terrific find.

-Rainman

Site Supporter
    I agree with the others - those stocks are just fine!

Just needs some leather to match, and some range reports

Site Supporter
    As far as looks are concerned, sure, those grips are great. But I find other grips far better for actually shooting one of these. A Hogue monogrip can be ideal, but there are lots of good choices.

As much as I like the looks of the factory grips, they just don’t fit my hand well at all. I have small hands. The Hogue fits my hand well and since they are rubber they don’t slip around. I’ll be keeping the factory grips in the safe and will be on the prowl for another set of wood grips that look good fit my hand better. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I will be looking for some nice leather too. Probably more of a range/field holster like a Tom Threepersons or something. Again, any suggestions would be appreciated!

I never really liked factory grips either. My hands are mediums but shooting magnums they work.

Im a fan of el passo saddlery threepersons.

Site Supporter
    Since you mentioned "field" holsters, a Simply Rugged pancake is not a bad choice and could even serve for concealed carry under a cover garment.

Dave

User Tag List