Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Chronic Tardiness - It’s not the tardys fault...

Both of my parents were very punctual. My father, being a retired USMC Sgt. Major especially so. If Dad said we're leaving at 08:00, don't walk out the door at 08:01 and expect a ride because you'd be left behind. Likewise, don't walk out the door at 07:55 and expect to get in the car, because it won't be unlocked until 07:59.

Consequently, I view tardiness as inconsideration, incompetence or a combination thereof.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Life happens, I'm not gonna get put off by the occasional tardy. Happens to everyone on occasion. But I have zero tolerance for people who are habitually late.

I do some volunteer stuff with a group of mostly older guys. Those guys subscribe to the "on time is late" credo, so, we get along fine.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I was about fifteen hours late for an appointment today...

I bet some uh ya’ll been fit to scream if we hadda work together.

🤪

The idea that Less Organized = More Creative is a myth, often spread by so called artistic types to cover up their lollygagging.

A lot of the real creative types, the ones who actually create real art on a paying basis, tend to be super organized and disciplined, even trending towards the OCD side of perfectionism. Just read an interview with anyone who's worked with Steely Dan or Akira Kurosawa.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Both of my parents were very punctual. My father, being a retired USMC Sgt. Major especially so. If Dad said we're leaving at 08:00, don't walk out the door at 08:01 and expect a ride because you'd be left behind. Likewise, don't walk out the door at 07:55 and expect to get in the car, because it won't be unlocked until 07:59.

Consequently, I view tardiness as inconsideration, incompetence or a combination thereof.
    I am not that hard-core, but I regard being late as disrespectful.

At the last function I had a hand in, one of the couples coming were late. I said that I was going to eat if I had to plate everything myself, and basically if they didn't like it, they could go get screwed, along with their horses. You don't want to eat cold food, you don't want to be scrounging up an entree while everyone else is eating dessert, then show the frak up on time.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Vending Machine Operator
    I've had some struggles with punctuality in the past due to sometimes-severe struggles with depression/anxiety, but I never made excuses for it or acted like it was okay. We live in a society and we've got to be on time for shit to work.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

It's as simple as living up to our agreements and promises. When you say you're going to do something, you do it.

(Of course any of us can and would excuse a legitimate absence or tardiness...but the fact remains it's a sign of respect for the other and yourself.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List