Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chronic Tardiness - It’s not the tardys fault...

Chronic Tardiness - It’s not the tardys fault...

So sayeth the some folks - https://getpocket.com/explore/item/w...=pocket-newtab

It’s not that they are late, because they want to be late, are disorganized, or are uncaring...it’s that they are angst ridden people with poor impulse control who need an understanding world to help them get it together.

Name:  14B926EC-E693-4313-89CC-483C13FE506E.jpeg
Views: 709
Size:  55.7 KB

This actually a pet peeve of mine that I no longer tolerate. Show up when you’re supposed to. Do it when you’re supposed to. Be done with it when you’re supposed to. If you’re a fucking adult who can’t show up or do shit on time - get the fuck outta here with that shit.

I’ve fired multiple people for tardiness. I’m not a stickler to the second a +\- 5 min window is fine. But seriously...I don’t want a psycho-babble excuse...just show up and do what is asked/expected.

I'm always a little early. I don't like to be late.

Not sure what it says about me, good or bad. I like to think it shows respect for others.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm always a little early. I don't like to be late.

Not sure what it says about me, good or bad. I like to think it shows respect for others.
    I’m with you, Brother Blues.

And if I DO wind up running late (even 5 minutes) I always make a point to call the person who’s expecting me, with an updated ETA.
    Again, respect for others.

Site Supporter
    I hate being late and always strive to be a bit early as well, but traffic here in NoVA is so screwed up you can't plan for anything. My office, which I go to a handful of times a year, is 25 miles away. At the same time of day during any average weekday, that can be as little as 45mins or as long as 3hrs. If I plan for 1.5hrs, the typical time, I risk being 45min early or over an hour late for no good reason. At my previous job, the commute times ranged from 1hr to 4hrs. I can't count the number of times I've been more than an hour early for some meeting, event, etc.

I missed a buddy's wedding because I allowed 4hrs for a 3hr drive. At 3hrs, I wasn't even halfway there and there was no sign of traffic improving. I sent him an email with my respects and turned around.

I can't be bothered to care if someone is driving and less than half an hour late.

Chris

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Wanna have a good time? Imagine a marriage where one party has the military understanding of on time (10-20 minutes early or you're late) and somebody with the Arabic understanding of on time (one to two hours late is right on time). That's a good time.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    To me, it seems to me to be an age-related or maybe a generational issue. We go to the 11:00AM service at church. I'm in a military town, and our church is probably 90% military, which is a young group(under 35). I like to be on time, which is 10:50AM(I'm 52 but even when I was 22 I was on time). At 11:00AM the room is mostly empty. By 11:10AM everyone has arrived. I'm learning to "let it go..."

But really, is that how the military operates these days? Show up 10 minutes late? Maybe it's the weekend and they are relaxed? I don't know. Trying hard to "let it go..."
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Wanna have a good time? Imagine a marriage where one party has the military understanding of on time (10-20 minutes early or you're late) and somebody with the Arabic understanding of on time (one to two hours late is right on time). That's a good time.
    Translation: “15 minutes prior to 15 minutes prior to 15 minutes prior” and then “In’Shallah”.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    That sounds like a series of stories, more real than imaginary.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Showing up late is probably the #1 reason I’ve fired employees through the years (along with just not showing up at all). It is a huge peeve of mine, and just how I’m wired.

User Tag List