Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broken TRS on Beretta 92

Broken TRS on Beretta 92

The TRS just broke on my training gun. Conservatively, this one had 60-70k pulls on it. Probably more, since I don't log dry fire practice. A hardly definitive sample of one, but an interesting data point. I'm going to replace it with a chrome silicone spring from Wilson and see how long that lasts.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

65k+ pulls on a TRS pretty outstanding in my book. I'd imagine the Wilson part will likely last longer but nothing is guaranteed.

Vending Machine Operator
    Dang, you got your moneys worth on that TRS, I don't think I have 65K pulls across all 3 92s.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by fpnunes View Post
    65k+ pulls on a TRS pretty outstanding in my book. I'd imagine the Wilson part will likely last longer but nothing is guaranteed.
    Actually, Wilson is guaranteeing it as a lifetime component, but we'll see. I'm running the same in mine as well; it's held up well for the year or so I've been running with it.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Actually, Wilson is guaranteeing it as a lifetime component, but we'll see. I'm running the same in mine as well; it's held up well for the year or so I've been running with it.

Best, Jon
    They've made the same claim about their flatwire springs for the 1911 and 92. My experience has shown that not to be true. I don't expect the TRS to be an exception.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Well, 60-70K pulls probably greatly exceeds most non-p.f. lifetimes!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    They've made the same claim about their flatwire springs for the 1911 and 92. My experience has shown that not to be true. I don't expect the TRS to be an exception.
    I'm in shock, absolute shock, I tell you...

Best, Jon

Congratulations! That is an impressive number, I have to remind myself to add all the dry fire into my round count on my springs. I don't keep track of them either, but I think I better start changing springs sooner than I think on my carry pistols.

I had one break on an early 90’s 92G. Is it by chance an earlier spring? I understand that PB changed something in either design or material to improve the lifetime of the part.
    Anyone else ever hear anything about that or know anything about it?
    That’s the only one I’ve had break with my experience of multiple 92’s, thousands of rounds and countless dry firing. Wolff makes a trigger return spring “upgrade” that changes it out to a coiled spring. I don’t have any experienced with it but have thought about ordering one just to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    I had one break on an early 90’s 92G. Is it by chance an earlier spring? I understand that PB changed something in either design or material to improve the lifetime of the part.
    Anyone else ever hear anything about that or know anything about it?
    That’s the only one I’ve had break with my experience of multiple 92’s, thousands of rounds and countless dry firing. Wolff makes a trigger return spring “upgrade” that changes it out to a coiled spring. I don’t have any experienced with it but have thought about ordering one just to check it out.
    My understanding is that the springs break at the bend near the end. The original springs had one end w/ a bend and the other was straight. The current springs have both ends w/ a bend. Supposedly, if a spring breaks, you can remove it, turn it around, reinstall it and be back in action. Trooper where did yours break?

User Tag List