Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Washington State Magazine bill

Site Supporter

Washington State Magazine bill

This may be worth contacting your state House representative about, as it sounds like there will be floor vote tomorrow. While it could be worse (it doesn't sound as bad as what is being proposed in Virginia), it still has storage requirements and transport requirements for mags that hold more than 15 rounds. These requirements are basically traps, potentially resulting in gross-misdemeanor criminal violations.

Have a 30-round mag or 17 round mag in your range bag that is not separately locked up while you are heading to the range? Leave a loaded or unloaded 30 round mag in your home, outside of a gun safe? You're a criminal (misdemeanors are crimes in this state -- i.e.. not infractions). Page 3 line 20 of the bill.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2020...azine-ban-bill

(The NRA link has a good summary of what's going on and a link to the proposed bill-- I'd rather not turn this into a the NRA-is-lame thread. I get it).

Here is a link to the bill:

https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?B...alse&Year=2019

edited to correct link

I sent off the email to all my reps...not sure it will do any good.

Thank you for posting this. I just shot off a text to my brother today about this. Hopefully he will contact his reps, even though it may fall on deaf ears at least he can track this and if passed he can avoid major issues as a result.

Dang. We can’t ever get a break from this. Gonna need a better long-term plan, eventually, since this issue will probably come up each year.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Dang. We can’t ever get a break from this. Gonna need a better long-term plan, eventually, since this issue will probably come up each year.
    Among other things, I'm stocking up on revolvers and trying to take as many people shooting for the first time who aren't part of the stereotypical "gun crowd."
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Well, you just need to remember that the reason that three felons engaged in a shootout in downtown Seattle that injured nine people (and killed an innocent bystander) last month was because one of them was able to purchase a high capacity magazine. (Sarcasm of course).

That's the Seattle Mayor's opinion anyway.

“The tragedy that occurred in downtown Seattle illustrates a deadly loophole that currently exists in our state’s laws. Felons are prohibited from purchasing firearms, yet they can still legally purchase large capacity magazines. That is exactly what one of the Seattle shooters did on January 22, and all evidence indicates that he used that magazine 4.5 hours later to fire significantly more bullets than he otherwise would have in our downtown,” she continued.

https://mynorthwest.com/1719903/gun-...hington-state/

I can't think of anything else going on in downtown Seattle that may have contributed. . .

I've been in touch with my reps and ask them not to vote for anymore gun or magazine restrictions.

My M1 carbine and 1911's look better all the time.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Looks like we made it. Hopefully.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2020...sover-deadline

As discussed in the article, lots of other stuff in the pipeline --- including a potential state background check system, which might alleviate the backlog that was going on. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Looks like we made it. Hopefully.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2020...sover-deadline

As discussed in the article, lots of other stuff in the pipeline --- including a potential state background check system, which might alleviate the backlog that was going on. Maybe.
    Thanks for the update.

At this point, I’ll just note that I have some extremely liberal/progressive friends with no overt interest in the 2A who also believe that Inslee is a shifty, opportunistic POS concerned more with his own standing than doing right by his constituents, so I know my opinion is not an especially partisan one.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the update.

At this point, I’ll just note that I have some extremely liberal/progressive friends with no overt interest in the 2A who also believe that Inslee is a shifty, opportunistic POS concerned more with his own standing than doing right by his constituents, so I know my opinion is not an especially partisan one.
    I agree, I really don't like Inslee either. But AG Ferguson is a factor too, and I think he is a longtime zealot in this gun control stuff.

I'm not sure who is Batman and who is Robin between the two of them.

User Tag List