Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Reliable, lightweight lever action carbine in pistol calibers?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

Photos like that make me hope this virus crud is sorted out before midsummer... I need to go wander around and stretch my legs. Being cooped lately up is murder on my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Those pics are all kinds of awesome. I'd make sure there are plenty of digital copies around for future generations.
    That book has most of his life. My son likes to look at it.

I got him a hound looking beanie baby from tractorsupply that he sleeps with. I cant wait untill hes older to train a dog with.

But that dog was special. Ive never spent 24hrs a day for 10years with anything and he was just so good in the woods. Especially after he spent 30hrs tied to a stump and through a thunderstorm

He could start running a bull moose but would stop when i called him.

I just put a youth-length stock on my Winchester ‘94 AE Trapper 16” carbine, resulting in a package very little longer than my 10-point-something-inch Daniel Defense DDM4V7P, with its LAW folder extended. LAW folders surely do result in a chunky package, when folded. For that matter, a Winchester Trapper is noticeably less-wide, comparatively, even when an AR-based weapon does not have its buffer tube folded.

Winchester Trapper carbines, in the PDW business since the Nineties. The Eighteen-Nineties.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I just put a youth-length stock on my Winchester ‘94 AE Trapper 16” carbine, resulting in a package very little longer than my 10-point-something-inch Daniel Defense DDM4V7P, with its LAW folder extended. LAW folders surely do result in a chunky package, when folded. For that matter, a Winchester Trapper is noticeably less-wide, comparatively, even when an AR-based weapon does not have its buffer tube folded.

Winchester Trapper carbines, in the PDW business since the Nineties. The Eighteen-Nineties.
    What caliber?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    What caliber?
    .45 Colt.

The youth stock is actually not much shorter than the factory stock, but it is just a bit shorter, and the pad is hard rubber, which is better than the slick plastic factory butt plate.

In other short-gun news, I just picked up my Remington 870 Marine Magnum Tac-14. It has been quite a while since I fired a stock-less shotgun; could be interesting.
    Last edited by Rex G; 04-21-2020 at 04:35 PM.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    .45 Colt.

The youth stock is actually not much shorter than the factory stock, but it is just a bit shorter, and the pad is hard rubber, which is better than the slick plastic factory butt plate.

In other short-gun news, I just picked up my Remington 870 Marine Magnum Tac-14. It has been quite w while since I fired a stock-less shotgun; could be interesting.
    .45 Colt out of a 16" barrel is a beast. That's a nice gun.

Also, one could put a "brace" on that Tac-14, which is an idea that I've often toyed with.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    .45 Colt out of a 16" barrel is a beast. That's a nice gun.

Also, one could put a "brace" on that Tac-14, which is an idea that I've often toyed with.
    Yes; I am hoping that this ‘94 AE will become my friend. Perhaps, friendly enough to convince me to sell something.

I do not like short stocks on shotguns, so might not favor a brace, on the Tac-14, unless I want to clamp it under my arm, and fire from that position, or, perhaps, use “short stocking” as a default firing position.

Time to visit that creek bed, on my wife's family’s land, and experiment.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

"Companion Sets" (Rifle & Handgun Of The Same Caliber)

I'm a big fan of "Companion Sets". The OP specifically mentioned "lever action carbines" so I'll not post any mention of longer barrels (rifles) or auto-loaders (9mm, .45 ACP, etc).

Here's a hard hitting Companion Set in .44 caliber (Magnum or Special).....

Winchester Model 94 Trapper (handy short barrel), along with 3 (handy short barrels) revolvers (left-to-right) Model 24, Model 21 Heritage, Model 629.....

Name:  Winchester94Trapper-S&WNFrames-44Cal_04.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  88.1 KB

User Tag List