Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McCormick Magazine Parts?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

McCormick Magazine Parts?

I was given some 1911 magazines, including three Chip McCormick 8-rounders. They have competition (really thick) brass baseplates.

WI'd like to replace them (and the springs). For some reason, it's in my mind that McCormick and Wilson mags are identical. Can anyone confirm that?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

They aren’t identical but springs and followers for one should fit the other.

Check the back of the tubes near the feed lips for any cracks.
    Make sure they seat nicely (no contact with grip screw bushings, trigger bow, ejector) and drop free.

Unless the tubes are extended length, I prefer 7 round springs and followers.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

I asked the WilsonCombatRep either here or on another forum if the Wilson steel (or any other pad) would work on the McCormick mag, but he didn't respond.

CMC does have replacement options, though they used to differentiate between the standard CMC spring and the "rocket wire" PowerMag spring. They don't anymore.

https://www.cmproducts.com/Base-Pads...ries_c_49.html

Hilton Yam says his pads fit both which would lead me to believe you could swap between CMC and Wilson (they are the same company now anyway)

https://www.10-8performance.com/1911...se-pad-single/
    Fits CMC Power Mag 8 round and Wilson 47D magazines

Thanks, guys.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    http://gunsprings.com

Check this link.

If you've been out of the 1911 world for a while, the Wilson ETM and CMC RPM mags have longer tubes than their other family members and the springs and base pads for those mags don't fit on the 47 or PowerMag family of mags.

These are fairly old magazines. The guy who once had them has been in the ground for the better part of a decade.

The ETM's were introduced about a decade ago and the RPM's were introduced a couple of years ago.

Just giving you a heads up not to buy the pads or springs for those mags as they probably won't fit your mags.

Well, I feel dumb. I compared the mags to some old ones that I have. They're Wilsons.

So... never mind.

(Maybe I need to go back to revolvers.)

User Tag List