Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PMM’s new 320 comp has me thinking about Glock...

And with red dots the optic has less movement on a shorter slide. If they make one I’m going to have to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    You're Killin me Smalls! This needs to work, damn it!

Break out the Dremel and trim those rails!
    Don't tempt me! I thought about milling them shorter. But the front rail would only be about 1/8" long and the slide would impact directly on them instead of the radiused plastic. Probably peen themselves to death in a few magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by earlan357 View Post
    Don't tempt me! I thought about milling them shorter. But the front rail would only be about 1/8" long and the slide would impact directly on them instead of the radiused plastic. Probably peen themselves to death in a few magazines.
    Maybe some Gucci Glock company will build us a frame for it, but based on the crickets in this thread there's not much interest. Still, I can dream.

I did hear back from PMM, but I haven’t yet received permission to repeat the specifics. But, I was told a 26 slide on the 19 frame didn’t work reliably for them.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    A 19 slide on a 17 would interest me. I should research a comp for my glock model 45

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I did hear back from PMM, but I haven’t yet received permission to repeat the specifics. But, I was told a 26 slide on the 19 frame didn’t work reliably for them.
    So it sounds as if they've tested and evaluated the option... That's good to hear but sucks that it didn't work. I'm sure it could be built from the ground up to work properly, just like integrally comped 1911's, but for now I guess the closest we get is the WAR Afterburner option.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I have spoken to another popular comp makes quite a while ago, when I put an RMR on my G26. They have replied something like "you can but our comp was designed around the G19".

Somewhat tangentially, does anyone know if there were any testing done comparing a comp to a shim comp (just a screw-on block without any holes) on 9 mm pistols?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

This idea seems to fall under the “just because you can, doesn’t mean you should” mantra.

The difference with Glock vs Sig in this situation is you can always find a longer holster made for a 17 or 34 and run a comp on the end of a 19 or 26 similar to how “Roland special” guns fit in g34 holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    This idea seems to fall under the “just because you can, doesn’t mean you should” mantra.

The difference with Glock vs Sig in this situation is you can always find a longer holster made for a 17 or 34 and run a comp on the end of a 19 or 26 similar to how “Roland special” guns fit in g34 holsters.
    What is inherently undesirable with cleanly comping a 26 to 19 length (which sounds like it’s not doable to the frame rail locations) or a 19 to a 17 length?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I have spoken to another popular comp makes quite a while ago, when I put an RMR on my G26. They have replied something like "you can but our comp was designed around the G19".

Somewhat tangentially, does anyone know if there were any testing done comparing a comp to a shim comp (just a screw-on block without any holes) on 9 mm pistols?
    KKM sells a G26 bbl with their 4 port comp. Would not help with the rail and frame length though.

https://kkmprecision.com/product/26-...compensator-2/

User Tag List