Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PMM’s new 320 comp has me thinking about Glock...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    What is inherently undesirable with cleanly comping a 26 to 19 length (which sounds like it’s not doable to the frame rail locations) or a 19 to a 17 length?

Grip chop a 19C? Mission accomplished?

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Grip chop a 19C? Mission accomplished?
    I’m really not a fan of chops.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    What is inherently undesirable with cleanly comping a 26 to 19 length (which sounds like it’s not doable to the frame rail locations) or a 19 to a 17 length?
    I just mean you could throw a comp on the end of a 26 and carry it iwb in a g17 holster and accomplish the same thing without the need to potentially compromise reliability.

On a related topic, have you tried a comp on a 3.5” barrel gun with 140pf 9mm duty/defense ammo? I haven’t, but I have some experience experimenting with loads to get a 9mm comp to run and make any noticeable difference in recoil without shooting some high pressure 165+ power factor reloads. Is the juice really worth the squeeze to run a comp’d 26 instead of a stock gun?

Pfft...you guys with your unsupported comps are so passé.

We've had supported comps with front sights attached to them for three years now over in 2011-land.

I think Yong Lee is the first person I heard talk about this concept on a 320. I don't remember if it was a video or podcast and the details are fuzzy. I thought I remembered him saying they were testing it for duty use at his old department. Definitely don't quote me on that.

Don't bother watching the video below but there's a picture at the beginning showing what I believe he came up with. I wish I could find the original source of him talking about it just because I'm curious about what he said now.

“If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Pfft...you guys with your unsupported comps are so passé.

We've had supported comps with front sights attached to them for three years now over in 2011-land.
    Shit, I remember lusting after the Briley Carry Comp 30 years ago when I was a teenager.
    And now I want one on my Glock, damn it!

Some sort of short slide glock comp thing happening in this photo they posted.

http://instagram.com/p/B8zimtSJj_-/
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Some sort of short slide glock comp thing happening in this photo they posted.
    Good eye... definitely their single port comp on a 19 slide/17 frame. And as cool as it looks its damn near the size of a 34.
    Or, to put it another way, it's no smaller than what I currently carry so not really worth the change.

User Tag List