Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PMM’s new 320 comp has me thinking about Glock...

PMM’s new 320 comp has me thinking about Glock...

I’ve been following PMM’s new SIG 320 comp concept, where when you use a compact top end on a full sized frame you have room for a comp that doesn’t extend beyond the dust cover and fits normal full size holsters:

With Glock’s Gen5 changes to the locking block geometry, I just realized something similar can be done. (I’m slow like that.)

26.5 slide on 19.5 frame:

Name:  CD545983-6081-4447-8A4E-F9B34EEFACD5.jpg
Views: 4556
Size:  103.2 KB

26.5 slide on 45 frame:

Name:  B4EE9E6B-71CE-409E-A430-3B48783466F2.jpg
Views: 2336
Size:  103.5 KB

Both configurations seem to function fine based on a quick check. I don’t have a full sized Gen5 Glock, so I couldn’t try a 19.5 top end on a full sized frame but I’m sure it’s doable.

I think I’m going to reach out to Parker Mountain and see what they think.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

It probably just cancels itself out and is about the same as just shooting a fullsize gun.

This compact gun performance in a fullsize package is stupid.

Site Supporter
    I think it's an interesting idea, and I've wondered if it could be done with the Gen5 Glocks. Please let us know what you hear from PMM.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

I like that I can get my KKM-comped 19s into G34 holsters, and I think the “one size up” comps from Mayhem Syndicate are a great idea, but I don’t see the value of the longer dust cover. It looks pretty clean, but I do not know that the other benefits are.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

The G19 and G26 locking block is unchanged from gen1-5. Unfortunately this won't work. The forward rail section on the G19 frame is cut longer, so the 26 slide won't travel far enough to the rear to function properly. It's a shame because I'd love to be able to carry mine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    ... but I don’t see the value of the longer dust cover. It looks pretty clean, but I do not know that the other benefits are.
    Looks cannot be overstated... It shouldn't matter but it does. Even for those of us mature enough to know better, it still matters.

Benefits? For one it virtually eliminates the possibility of the Comp coming loose... The rail will prevent any rotation. I would venture to say that the Comp would function just fine without any additional set screws or similar fixtures.

I love the idea and if they did it I would want one.

Quote Originally Posted by earlan357 View Post
    The G19 and G26 locking block is unchanged from gen1-5. Unfortunately this won't work. The forward rail section on the G19 frame is cut longer, so the 26 slide won't travel far enough to the rear to function properly. It's a shame because I'd love to be able to carry mine like this.

You're Killin me Smalls! This needs to work, damn it!

Break out the Dremel and trim those rails!

I also wonder if this would work with a 19 slide on a 17 frame.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I also wonder if this would work with a 19 slide on a 17 frame.
    That may be more practical. I just don’t have a full sized Gen5 frame here to check.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    ...but I don’t see the value of the longer dust cover. It looks pretty clean, but I do not know that the other benefits are.
    The other benefit I forgot to mention is keeping the front rail for attachments.
    You could have a Comped 19 that was only G17 length. I AIWB a comped 19.3 and it's very doable for me, but at 5'7" I would definitely appreciate the 15mm less OAL this configuration would enable.
    Plus it looks damn cool!

User Tag List