Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best action movie you’ve recently seen

If we're considering streaming-format internet shows...

...The Boys. Just watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    « Mission Impossible — Fallout » is spectacular. I think it’s on Amazon Prime.
    Watched it a few weeks back - IMO it's a rock-solid "meh" that failed to live up to the hype it was granted. It's well-acted and decently produced, but is at its core a generic, disposable action movie.

Not the worst way to kill a couple hours, but nowhere close to the "OMG gotta see this" that my co-workers were giving it.

JM2C.

@Hieronymous, if you haven't seen it yet, The Highwaymen is on Netflix. Not a traditional action movie per se, but may scratch that itch (unless you're looking for full-on Predator/Commando/Expendables type) and worth the watch. Frankly, I've just about given up on Netflix and am close to cancelling due to a colossal lack of quality and significant dilution with garbage.

Strike Back has new main characters, correct? How does the new compare to the original, if so?
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I thought "Debbie Does Dallas" was an action movie.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

For whatever reason I decided to watch Daylight's End, definitely a B roll movie. James Yeager had a part in the movie, and meets an interesting end.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I thought "Debbie Does Dallas" was an action movie.
    Says the guy with that mustache...

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Strike Back has new main characters, correct? How does the new compare to the original, if so?
    Not as good but decent.

They added a "badass" female operator too so they could check the Politically Correct box. Unlike Hollywood bs though she almost always gets her ass kicked by men until she find a knife or other weapon to use on them.

As for the male characters, in the first new season with them I feel the writers tried make them.into clones of the original two instead of giving them their own personalities.

That said, still a great action show!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Thanks for this thread.

I think I have also become less tolerant of overlooking dumb shit in order to get to the shit that amuses me. Last night (even while stuck alone in a hotel room) I switched away from something (don't remember the name of the movie, not wanting to look it up) where Bruce Willis was obviously gonna be wreaking some entertaining havoc, but when the premise of the plot became the kidnapping of an oblivious girl who was sooooooooooo upset by the assault she just experienced in the bar that she just HAD to go stand by herself out in a dark alley behind the bar and try and call her boyfriend who didn't answer because he had a lap full of strippers, well that just exceeds my tolerance stack-up of dumb shit.
    Friend, that kind of systematic clusterfuck is literally every weekend at the bars and stupid places outside of every US Military post in the world. Minus Bruce Willis.... and usually the kidnapping. Usually.
    The only real difference is the oblivious girl is a E4 or LT dressed like a glittery turboskank, or it's a 6'2" beefcake divorced E6 that's Jagerbombed out and sucked into his phone trying to text the glittery turboskank.

Yes, I'm a blast at parties.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    For whatever reason I decided to watch Daylight's End, definitely a B roll movie. James Yeager had a part in the movie, and meets an interesting end.
    I saw that one. When I recognized Yeager I was about to turn it off but then he died and I decided I liked the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Banned
    I don't know if it counts but I just watched the 1976 version of Midway.

I like to read the trivia notes from movies and supposedly with the exception of Charlton Heston, Edward Albert Jr. And Christina Kokubo (Haruko Sakura) every main American character in the movie was based on an actual historical figure.

User Tag List