Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Best action movie you’ve recently seen

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    Watched it a few weeks back - IMO it's a rock-solid "meh" that failed to live up to the hype it was granted. It's well-acted and decently produced, but is at its core a generic, disposable action movie.

Not the worst way to kill a couple hours, but nowhere close to the "OMG gotta see this" that my co-workers were giving it.

JM2C.
    Watched Fallout tonight with the family. Mostly because this thread reminded me I hadnt seen it yet. It was decent, and worth watching once. Probably not twice though. It’s two hours of stunts and fights, which isn’t the worst way to kick back on Saturday night.

And I dropped Netflix a while back. Don’t miss it. Only thing it has that I want is Stranger Things and Altered Carbon. But I think I can soldier on without them.

Narco

I love the "Narco" series. Netflix just added another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I don't know if it counts but I just watched the 1976 version of Midway.

I like to read the trivia notes from movies and supposedly with the exception of Charlton Heston, Edward Albert Jr. And Christina Kokubo (Haruko Sakura) every main American character in the movie was based on an actual historical figure.
    That is a great movie.

The new one... not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Virginia View Post
    I love the "Narco" series. Netflix just added another one.
    It's an excellent series. It was good to see a little payback early in this new season...

...but as I tell my wife, having worked on some of the cases and with some of the folks mentioned in the series (Narcos: Colombia, mostly), it also reminds me of how futile the whole thing seems on the whole.

(I wouldn't have missed it though.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deflave View Post
    That is a great movie.

The new one... not so much.
    Last night was the first time I've seen the movie since 1976, I've never seen the new one. When I was a kid I had no idea that they were trying to make the movie as accurate as possible. Donald Sanford (the author of the screenplay and book) researched this topic well. The only thing they didn't really cove was that the USS Yorktown was apparently sunk by a Japanese submarine on June 6 1942

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It's an excellent series. It was good to see a little payback early in this new season...

...but as I tell my wife, having worked on some of the cases and with some of the folks mentioned in the series (Narcos: Colombia, mostly), it also reminds me of how futile the whole thing seems on the whole.

(I wouldn't have missed it though.)
    It is such a interesting study. American has no idea of the terrorism Cartels have caused. Pablo Escabar killed of 50% of the Supreme Court judges, bombing all over the country, practically own the Police and military. Now Mexican cartels makes them look like rookies. It was also interesting to see how Pablo used the many gangs across the country. Would supply them with dope and guns and put bounties on Police. Think about how gangs here in America. Lol, and the Libs want to take away the ordinary, honest citizen from defending himself.

Banned
    I watched The Patriot Games last night. I understand completely why Tom Clancy went out of his way to distance himself from the movies.

Hammertime
    I don’t know if it counts as action but there is a lot of action in it. Spider-Man: into the Spiderverse is a movie our family just watches over and over again and it never fails to delight. Sony knocked it out of the park with this one.

On Netflix;

Polar
    Triple Frontier
    Spectral
    Outlaw King
    Extinction

There’s a bunch of foreign ones too, but I hate the English dubs and it throws me off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I don’t know if it counts as action but there is a lot of action in it. Spider-Man: into the Spiderverse is a movie our family just watches over and over again and it never fails to delight. Sony knocked it out of the park with this one.
    In the same vein, "Captain America: Winter Soldier" is one of my favorite action/technothriller movies ever, with a superhero veneer.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List