View Poll Results: Which 2020 presidential candidate would you choose?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sam Robb

1 6.67%
  • Jo Jorgensen

1 6.67%
  • Don't waste your vote

13 86.67%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jo Jorgensen or Sam Robb for president?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    The Libertarian party’s decision to put a hard core anti gun politician last election on its ticket pretty much sealed the fact I won’t ever waste any of my time with them again. In the old days the might not have stood a chance but at least they had principles.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    The Libertarian party’s decision to put a hard core anti gun politician last election on its ticket pretty much sealed the fact I won’t ever waste any of my time with them again. In the old days the might not have stood a chance but at least they had principles.
    I have to agree. How a party that claims to be staunch Contitutionalists can be anti-gun defies logic.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Jo Jorgensen win the Libertarian nomination the other day. If you're at all interested in a third option for president, here is a recent interview:

https://reason.com/2020/05/21/libert...le-persuasion/

excerpt:
    That government is way too intrusive [in general] is why I'm running, why we even have the Libertarian Party. But even I've been shocked at the [government's reaction to COVID-19]. Los Angeles announcing it will be closed through August? That's just unconscionable.

If cities and states continue to stay closed, it will make it much harder to campaign, of course. But the [COVID-19 reaction] has been the biggest assault on our liberties in our lifetime, and it's two-pronged. There's the personal assault, with us all under house arrest. We can't go to our jobs, we can't go to funerals, weddings, can't see our families.

That's the personal aspect, then there's the economic aspect. That fact that govenment is bailing out companies with two trillion dollars…whenever government spends money, government bureaucrat money [tends to] go to their friends, special interests, and lobbyists. It would be better if Americans got to keep their money and let them decide which companies deserve money, not the government.

I can't take the libertarian party seriously.

While they will all agree that the government is to big, if you ask five libertarians how they would go about it instead you get five wildly different answers.

Plus the party has become infested with leftist who believe the libertarian party is just a "legalize weed" party.

I look forward to hearing more about her.

I hadn't heard of her until the announcement this week.
    David S.

The Lolbertarian party is a meme, nothing more.

First interview with Jo Jorgenson. Pretty solid on the topics I’m concerned about. No significant discussion on drugs.

David S.

Student
    I think Jorgenson just made a critical mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Yeah yeah, though to be fair why should a non interventionalist care about a battle for some city in a country halfway around the world that's been bogged down by regional conflicts for thousands of years?

That's how I feel about all of the major party candidates.
    Because Non Intervention didn't work in the 1770's here, didn't work in 1898, didn't work in 1917, or in the 1930's /40's or to this current day if you wish to maintain the current lifestyle that most Americans enjoy today...... Sorry. If you want to have a shot at being the face of the United States around the world then you better not be a F'ing moron when it comes to things happening around it, whether you personally wish to become involved in them or not....

Party of "All muh rights are sacrosanct but responsibilities are for other people" would be a better name for the Libertarian party.
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    I think Jorgenson just made a critical mistake.
    The weird anti-liberation BLM tweet?
    David S.

User Tag List