View Poll Results: Do you vote Bloomberg?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, removing Trump is more of a concern than gun rights

2 1.40%
  • No, Bloomberg’s stance on guns is too concerning

49 34.27%
  • Not voting for either (stay home or third party)

7 4.90%
  • I already support Trump

85 59.44%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun enthusiasts / Trump haters: Would you vote for Bloomberg?

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Do you actually think he has a chance of being elected?
    In an honest election, maybe not. With all the dead voters, illegal voters, multiple voters, ballots found in the backseat of cars, I do.

CWM11B
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I can't find a candidate worthy of the office among those who will be running, including the incumbent.

Guess I still have a few months to decide whether to skip that part of the ballot entirely.
    IMO, a deep dive into history shows damn near none, with the most notable possible exception being George Washington, are worthy. Most of them, especially in the 20th century, presented the illusion of decorum and respect for the office, the constitution, people, and republic.Looking for the perfect candidate is rather Quixotic from my perspective. I'll bow out however, as I'm pretty sure I know how this is going to devolve.

Detest Trump but would never vote for Bloomberg.

Student
    I have not been a gun enthusiast since my late twenties during enlistment. I really do like some training, however.

You could be the devil hisself and I'd consider pardoning you if we could get quality instruction as a public resource with some nice endowments.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I wish I found one iota of humor in the situation...but I don't.

I fear for the future of the country.

The best I can hope for is a "do no harm" candidate to arise from the dung heap. I don't think there's much chance of that.
    Im there with you.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Even if I were otherwise pretty liberal, if guns were near the top of your priorities I don't see how you could vote for Bloomberg. Or any D candidate really. Gun banning is part and parcel of their agenda. Name me one candidate who is all in favor of the majority of the Democrat platform except they're unapologetically pro-2A (and I don't mean "you can keep your deer guns"). Yeah you might find one at a local level, but nobody who's got a half a shot at being President.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    IMO, a deep dive into history shows damn near none, with the most notable possible exception being George Washington, are worthy. Most of them, especially in the 20th century, presented the illusion of decorum and respect for the office, the constitution, people, and republic.Looking for the perfect candidate is rather Quixotic from my perspective. I'll bow out however, as I'm pretty sure I know how this is going to devolve.
    Honestly there's a lot of room between "perfect" and "what we've got as options at the moment".

I've said before I think you have to be mentally ill to run for POTUS in modern times. With the media, social media and the Internet making it possible to track down the neighbor who's dog you patted as a kindergartner and ask her if you patted the dog too gently (you're weak and can't be trusted) or too hard (you're an asshole who feeds on the weak and can't be trusted), the constant holding of today's you with today's standards to the you thirty to fifty years ago, etc. who the actual fuck would put themselves in that crosshair but someone who's narcissism is so strong they will put themselves, their friends, their family, etc. through that ringer AND engage in the same tawdriness while still being able to sleep at night?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Even if I were otherwise pretty liberal, if guns were near the top of your priorities I don't see how you could vote for Bloomberg. Or any D candidate really. Gun banning is part and parcel of their agenda.
    Nothing makes (R) more pro 2nd-amendment then a (D) in the White House.

Remember all that gun control Obama passed?

Remember all that gun control Trump revoked?

Oh, right.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Bloomberg would make the NSA surveillance of Americans now seem downright libertarian. He would literally confiscate guns. He would legislate how much soda you can drink and what you can eat. He would not be above trying to remove term limits. He would abolish the electoral college. He is literally evil.
    All votes for Trump or against Bloomberg will be duly noted. In the event Bloomburg wins those voters will be guests in a re-education facility.

Site Supporter
    Still have my Cthulhu tee shirt. He or its my candidate. Vote for the greater of all evils.

BTW, I've noticed that that the mainstream liberal press is turning towards Bloomberg. Thomas Friedman and Chuck Todd (spokespeople for the liberal elite) have gone for him and denounced Bernie. My view is that the elite has realized Bernie is a threat to their financial status while Mike certainly won't tax the rich. That's the real game - keeping the monied class in power. We peasants can all excited about social issues.

I'm with Blues - I find most candidates to be objectionable on some level. All parties constrained personal liberties, however the extremes of each are quite alright with that. Be the crotch or holster police - it's for the children. Let Ivanka, Chelsea, Hunter and Bush daughters (plus the kids of the rest of the elite classes) get into the proper schools and get 'princeling jobs'.

But I want to control your sex life and gun life - again for the children.

Friedman had a big column on Mike as the savior. Several folks pointed out that his gun policy is BS and a detriment to some voters who might not like Trump. It was largely ignored as a factor. Charles Blow pointed out that Bloomberg is as racist as Trump. His apology was BS just as Trump's saying he is not a racist. Get the popcorn for that discussion.

One thing I noticed in the comments - just like Amazon or restaurant views surface obviously paid for comments or true believer writers, Bloomberg has that organized. Say something about him and you get long paeans of praise. Five star review mode.

They both stink. Honest people will say that and say they will hold their noise to vote on the basis of a hope for policy on ideological or personal benefit. Delusional true believers will excuse the stink and say it is a rose.

User Tag List