View Poll Results: Do you vote Bloomberg?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, removing Trump is more of a concern than gun rights

2 1.40%
  • No, Bloomberg’s stance on guns is too concerning

49 34.27%
  • Not voting for either (stay home or third party)

7 4.90%
  • I already support Trump

85 59.44%
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Gun enthusiasts / Trump haters: Would you vote for Bloomberg?

I wouldn't vote for Bloomberg, not just for the gun stuff, but that's a large part of it.

If there is anyone who comes along that isn't an anti-gunner, I will probably vote for them. Trump is a disaster who makes Nixon look like a straight shooter and not the crook he was.
    Besides his Godfather wanna be habits, he is obviously deteriorating mentally. Listen to his old interviews and then listen to recent stuff. Scary.
    And I really want someone as POTUS who isn't older than me (63), preferably in their 50's or younger.

Site Supporter
    Michael Bloomberg has made it his late life’s mission to take on the National Rifle Association, calling the organization “shameful,” “dangerous” and extreme.

The problem now that he’s seeking the Democratic nomination? In his final year as New York mayor, Bloomberg compared two groups core to the Democratic base — a local faction of the American Civil Liberties Union and the New York City teachers union — to the NRA.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ans-nra-115430

An election between two narcissistic oligarchs? Blah. One with the unrealized promise of doing something to reduce gun control. The other with the promise of draconian gun control.

Chtulhu.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemiram View Post
    I wouldn't vote for Bloomberg, not just for the gun stuff, but that's a large part of it.

If there is anyone who comes along that isn't an anti-gunner, I will probably vote for them. Trump is a disaster who makes Nixon look like a straight shooter and not the crook he was.
    Besides his Godfather wanna be habits, he is obviously deteriorating mentally. Listen to his old interviews and then listen to recent stuff. Scary.
    And I really want someone as POTUS who isn't older than me (63), preferably in their 50's or younger.
    Dreamer.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemiram View Post

I have this argument with my own Mother all the time. She absolutely loathes President Trump and the ground he walks on. Aside from being pro-gun (which gets her a surprising amount of criticism online) she is absolutely lockstep with the shrill, screaming hugbox left these days.

But her argument is the same as yours; he's a disaster, he's an idiot, he's this that and the other thing. Lots of Ad-Hominem, lots of chatter about his rotating staff, etc.

Notably absent from all the never ending, scathing vitriol about President Trump is any actual content of his actual policies, or the actual *results* of his presidency just a bunch of he's an asshole.
    The one exception, perhaps, is all non-specific shrieking about "OMG THE WALL". But that's just the same; Just lots of talk about how it's bad, no actual data or reality or evidence that it's bad. It's just bad because they say so.

The prior administration was a very cordial, composed, well-spoken and 'Presidental' sort that spent 8 years attacking damn near everything I held dear. I am grateful he was less effective at that than he and his party intended to be.

Between a tweet-ranting narcissist that (mostly) makes things better for me, and a nice likable, charismatic narcissist that makes things worse for me - I'll take the tweeted ranting one every time.

There are at least a few dyed in the wool statists here so Im sure a few will vote for Bloomberg or any other Dem candidate.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    The fact is there has been no federal AG legislation signed into law for 25 years.
    There wasn't a significant push for expanded gun control in Virginia for a long time either...until there was.

The idea that it's a dead issue at the federal level is nonsense.

Yeah, state level activism to preserve the 2nd amendment needs to be stepped up because that's where pocket dictator is trying to flip things. And it's not just gun control, he's trying to push a bunch of bullshit voting nonsense to make fraud easier and bankrolling criminally stupid "bail reform" candidates that literally want to put violent criminals back on the street with no questions asked.

State level activism is important. But that doesn't make the federal level any less important. It requires constant vigilance and constant pressure.
    3/15/2016

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Virginia View Post
    Take the 2nd amendment out of the voting and there is no question on almost every issue I will Vote Trump. Come down to Virginia and live here for a while. hell, I would rather have a daily Prostate exam than vote for any Democrat. Look at the Followers of Northam and Levin.
    We in Virginia have been living the consequences of NeverTrump thinking for several years now, beginning with the torpedoing of Ken Cucinelli's gubernatorial campaign...which coincided with a largely bogus prosecution of Bob McDonnell for things nobody ever bothered going after a democratic governor over.

McDonnel was an empty suit, but it was really about the power play the entire time. And that made room for Kaine, Macauliffe and now Blackface.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Is the marijuana guy running again? In 2016, an ardent conservative/libertarian gun friend voted for him as well as an ardent feminist (gun friendly also, G19 fan).

We have two narcissistic oligarchs who might face each other.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    We in Virginia have been living the consequences of NeverTrump thinking for several years now, beginning with the torpedoing of Ken Cucinelli's gubernatorial campaign...which coincided with a largely bogus prosecution of Bob McDonnell for things nobody ever bothered going after a democratic governor over.

McDonnel was an empty suit, but it was really about the power play the entire time. And that made room for Kaine, Macauliffe and now Blackface.
    Cucinelli was a nut case I will give you points for that. But Trump ain't no Cuch. Macauliffe has always been Hillary's bag man and Blackface well, does not take much to figure him out. Funny thing is, how his own followers wanted to lynch him. And then the Virginia Beach Massacre which was perfect timing for him. His followers did not want to lynch him because of the College Frat nonsense, but rather to show their power that they can easily get rid of any Gov. The Massacre was great news for Northam. He ran to the pulpit faster than a cockroach when the lights are turned on. Started preaching for more gun free zones, knowing full well that none of the victims could defend themselves. And many family members later saying that some of them were so concerned about the killer they wanted to bring in some kind of defense. Northam will not have any of that. Sorry, no defense for you. Next!

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Dreamer.
    Yeah, I'll admit to that..

User Tag List