Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
I have this argument with my own Mother all the time. She absolutely loathes President Trump and the ground he walks on. Aside from being pro-gun (which gets her a surprising amount of criticism online) she is absolutely lockstep with the shrill, screaming hugbox left these days.

But her argument is the same as yours; he's a disaster, he's an idiot, he's this that and the other thing. Lots of Ad-Hominem, lots of chatter about his rotating staff, etc.

Notably absent from all the never ending, scathing vitriol about President Trump is any actual content of his actual policies, or the actual *results* of his presidency just a bunch of he's an asshole.
The one exception, perhaps, is all non-specific shrieking about "OMG THE WALL". But that's just the same; Just lots of talk about how it's bad, no actual data or reality or evidence that it's bad. It's just bad because they say so.

The prior administration was a very cordial, composed, well-spoken and 'Presidental' sort that spent 8 years attacking damn near everything I held dear. I am grateful he was less effective at that than he and his party intended to be.

Between a tweet-ranting narcissist that (mostly) makes things better for me, and a nice likable, charismatic narcissist that makes things worse for me - I'll take the tweeted ranting one every time.
In what way did the Obama admin attack "damn near everything I held dear"? Seriously, I don't understand what his admin did that was so bad.