Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Rock it like Crockett.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    After an on again, off again two year Ebay search I finally landed a sweet, sweet Galco Miami Classic for my 4506. It took a while due to the early hooked trigger guard. It's far from new, but a little application of Picard's fixed it right up. Is this my new EDC? Hardly. Will I use it on occasion? I bet I will. Mostly, I bought it because it makes me smile.

Great rig and pistol

You've got to rock one of these though.

Sure. But what would you put into the mag pouches?

This brings back memories. My first duty pistol was a 1086, and the flaming asshole of a chief we had was anti-gun and would only authorize the duty pistol fir off duty carry. I had a Miami classic for it. I wish I had bought a dozen of those pistols when we traded them in. Ive seen them go for close to 2k. And I really wish I had the pile of mags I had. And the 1006 and 1066 I sold when 10mm was fading away.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    …1086…
    Never heard of that flavor before - damn, that’s sexy.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

DAO 10mm. IIRC, only 1200 or so were made. My agency and one other adopted it, can't remember which one. There is another variant out there which is more rare. I think it was a four inch version of the 1076 made for a state bureau of prisons. I want to say it was Maine, and there were only four hundred and change of them.

The 3rd Generation S&W Autos were some of the best service pistols made. I'd rather have a 4566 than any M&P.

Well, as long as we’re going all old school here… A Python nest. (And, yeah, I know it’s not a semi, but it happened to be what I was wearing earlier today)

Name:  1E49A836-4A5A-477D-833E-08452C8931FA.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  48.1 KB
    Last edited by Archer1440; 12-02-2022 at 06:21 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Well, as long as we’re going all old school here… A Python nest. (And, yeah, I know it’s not a semi, but it happened to be what I was wearing earlier today)

Name:  1E49A836-4A5A-477D-833E-08452C8931FA.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  48.1 KB
    Noice.

I might have to get a setup like that when I get my 1965 Trooper back from its reblueing adventure.

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  31.7 KB
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

When I first saw this thread title, knowing who posted, my mind immediately went to Davy Crockett. Then my mind confused Davy with Jim Bowie and I expected to see a giant knife when I opened the thread.

Site Supporter
    I mean... we've got revolvers.

I'm certainly not opposed to seeing a giant knife

Or a Roman gladius, for that matter...
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

User Tag List