Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock it like Crockett.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I decided to wear it today to check the fit. So, since it's eleven degrees outside, I donned a blue wool turtleneck sweater and threw the rig on over it. I looked in the mirror and felt so Steve McQueen. Now, Bullitt's in the mall shopping for Valentine's Day. I'm such a stone cold bad ass.
    You mention Bullit, I always thought that a well designed upside down shoulder holster would be more comfortable, better balanced, and more easily concealed. Robert Culp also rocked an upside down shoulder holster on The Greatest American Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You mention Bullit, I always thought that a well designed upside down shoulder holster would be more comfortable, better balanced, and more easily concealed. Robert Culp also rocked an upside down shoulder holster on The Greatest American Hero.
    Like this? http://www.c-rusty.com/pages/holsters/shoulder.html

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I decided to wear it today to check the fit. So, since it's eleven degrees outside, I donned a blue wool turtleneck sweater and threw the rig on over it. I looked in the mirror and felt so Steve McQueen. Now, Bullitt's in the mall shopping for Valentine's Day. I'm such a stone cold bad ass.
    Obviously there's some pretty legitimate critiques of the shoulder holster but there's a few things that personally I think they do really well and obviously one of those things is "look incredible".

ECQC is maybe not so much one of their strong points but I reserve the right to make a few arguments in their favour, despite my doing so giving a lot of smart people Forrest Whittaker eye.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Cool. Too bad (or good thing for my wallet) they don't make one for a Semi Auto. Sure, you don't get the "cylinder hold" like on a revolver holster, but I'm OK with a thumb break.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Unfortunately, that design proved to be a better idea than a reality. The gun was retained by an elastic band that would eventually, certainly, let go of the gun at what was sure to be an innopportune time. This was especially true with anything larger than a j frame.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Obviously there's some pretty legitimate critiques of the shoulder holster but there's a few things that personally I think they do really well and obviously one of those things is "look incredible".

ECQC is maybe not so much one of their strong points but I reserve the right to make a few arguments in their favour, despite my doing so giving a lot of smart people Forrest Whittaker eye.
    There are legitimate criticisms to be sure and I'm certainly not advocating their use at all times and places. On the other hand, I'm not in the "it'll get you kilt on da streetz" camp either. There are times and places where it works well. At my current job, we spend so much time seated in a chair that a good case could be made for its use.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    F I am wearing a suit and button-front overcoat in cold weather, a strong side hip holster is extremely slow, but a shoulder holdter is readily available.

Re: horizontal v. upside down, I have not seen an upside down holster with a harness that I would find comfortable. The Figure 8 harness of the Miami Classic and similar designs avoids putting pressure on the back of the neck. Every upside down holster I have seen has something right at the base of the neck.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Yeah, that's kind of the thing...I mean maybe it would get you kilt in da streetz but if most of your day is not in da streetz...isn't that potentially a non-issue anyway?

I mean I'm a passionate advocate for ECQC stuff but here's my typical day right now: I get up, experience an existential crisis, give my teeth a quick brush, beat my head on the floor mourning the ravages of time, clean up, and get in my car. I drive to work and then I get out and I go sit in an office most of the time and when I'm not in the office I'm usually out driving somewhere and I pretty much always have a jacket on. Then I drive home and avoid mirrors and refuse to open mail until I lose consciousness sometime around midnight. On the way home I might stop at a grocery store or something but I'm just not really in an environment where I interact with random strangers on the street.

Granted I'm living in a place now where the most heated exchange I have seen was one guy mouthing the words "oh come on" when cut off in a Tim Horton's lineup (this actually resulted in an apology - it turned out the guy who cut him off didn't realize there were two entrances and wasn't expecting a vehicle from that direction.) (Also this was me cutting him off...sorry, that guy.) My threat level is pretty low. And I don't carry a gun in Canada for obvious reasons.

But all things considered I think there's an argument that for a lot of people with a similar daily routine, you might actually benefit from a holster that works really well with seated posture, and affords you an extremely covert draw stroke.

Not a popular opinion, I know. But on the zillion to one chance that the gas station I'm in gets robbed while I'm in it, which is about the only realistic scenario for me, I wouldn't be all that sorry I had a shoulder holster, if that's what I had.

Name:  61731F99-BE93-4DD8-9CE4-5E3859990F20.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  73.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Would it work with a 3913? Some 5906 holsters work with the 3913.
    Yes it would.

Upside down rig with a Colt in it? Check.

Name:  FF58BB49-557F-4545-9AF0-9461C1673F2A.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  47.9 KB

Alas, no '68 Mustang GT Fastback...yet.

User Tag List