Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock it like Crockett.

love this thread...it made me saddle up my 645 to go to the store this morning...

I could never get comfortable with the horizontal rigs, so I had Jim M. at FIST make one of his model 70 rigs for my 645 years ago. It is a vertical "pull through" design with nothing to unsnap on the draw, you just pull through and begin to rotate and it breaks the snap on the drawstroke...love it. Unexpected benefit was it works with a cocked and locked government model just as well (but the picture is my beloved 645)...

Name:  SW645 in FIST 70 Holster.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  61.5 KB
    Last edited by fatdog; 02-15-2020 at 12:54 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I could never get comfortable with the horizontal rigs, so I had Jim M. at FIST make one of his model 70 rigs for my 645 years ago. It is a vertical "pull through" design with nothing to unsnap on the draw, you just pull through and begin to rotate and it breaks the snap on the drawstroke...love it. Unexpected benefit was it works with a cocked and locked government model just as well (but the picture is my beloved 645)...

I have never actually tried one of these but it appears to be the best designed vertical shoulder holster I have seen.

Now that's really something.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Are they cross straps? Picture doesn’t quite show it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Are they cross straps? Picture doesn’t quite show it.
    Yes, identical to a Galco

Now that I've got the classy leather, how about going further with a set of Pau Ferro Hogues?

We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Mntneer357 View Post
    Can y'all give some guidance on shoulder holsters? I get they're not "perfect" but I can definitely see their utility/usefulness. Sadly, I admit I know jack shit about them.

Any advantage to the Miami Classic over the Miami Classic II? Any knowledge y'all can impart is appreciated, as these things ain't exactly cheap.

Now, moar shoulder holster action plz... :-)
    I've had shoulder holsters but admittedly used them infrequently. The usual scenarios -- long drives, etc. The Alessi Bodyguard is the MC done right. No comparison. It just drapes better and keeps the grip where it needs to be. Plus, you can get the mag carrier to be 90 degrees rotated so the mags don't point down; they point to centerline. Much easier to reach.

ETA: I did get mine from the "Lou Alessi still alive" era, so IDK about today. There's always ebay.
    Last edited by dgg9; 02-16-2020 at 10:52 PM.

Site Supporter
    Now I wanna check out some wood grips for my 645.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Now that I've got the classy leather, how about going further with a set of Pau Ferro Hogues?
    That. Looks. Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Now I wanna check out some wood grips for my 645.
    I got some nice wood for my 645, but I don't remember where I got them from.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List