Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 100 of 100

Thread: Rock it like Crockett.

  1. #91
    Site Supporter entropy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Midwest. Far Upper Midwest whever I get the chance
    Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    Great rig and pistol

    You've got to rock one of these though.

    [/URL]

    Name:  E295DB21-C73B-4F57-92E7-C11479068386.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  6.8 KB


    Damn. Trying to post a funny animated gif without success. You get the idea tho...lol
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by entropy; 12-03-2022 at 04:46 PM.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

  2. #92
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    I'm surprised no one posted a photo of the Strayer Voigt TIKI-T Crockett carried in the 2006 movie.

  3. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    I'm surprised no one posted a photo of the Strayer Voigt TIKI-T Crockett carried in the 2006 movie.




  4. #94
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Well, as long as we’re going all old school here… A Python nest. (And, yeah, I know it’s not a semi, but it happened to be what I was wearing earlier today)

    Attachment 97937
    Boy, talk about style points!

  5. #95
    Site Supporter feudist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Murderham, the Tragic City
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Name:  76E345C9-64F5-4B71-B78C-CAC50D88F71E.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  9.4 KB
    Deliver Us From Evil sets up the "Burnett" arc where Sonny simply turns evil because of "Amnesia". Highly unlikely outside of soap operas. A more honest arc would have the bitterly disillusioned and suicidally depressed Crockett simply seduced into the all consuming hedonism of the lifestyle, much like the FBI agent (Ed O'Neil)in the season 1 opener Heart of Darkness.
    Since Amnesia is not a defense to a crime, certainly not multiple murders widely committed over time, the show should have ended with Crockett in jail or shot dead.
    My personal preference would have been to end it on a shock-the murder of Tubbs in the lighthouse. I think that would have put an exclamation point on the futile and essentially nihilistic essence of the "Drug War" in the 80s.

  6. #96
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post


    Well played, sir. Well played.

  7. #97
    Site Supporter Trooper224's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Wichita
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Deliver Us From Evil sets up the "Burnett" arc where Sonny simply turns evil because of "Amnesia". Highly unlikely outside of soap operas. A more honest arc would have the bitterly disillusioned and suicidally depressed Crockett simply seduced into the all consuming hedonism of the lifestyle, much like the FBI agent (Ed O'Neil)in the season 1 opener Heart of Darkness.
    Since Amnesia is not a defense to a crime, certainly not multiple murders widely committed over time, the show should have ended with Crockett in jail or shot dead.
    My personal preference would have been to end it on a shock-the murder of Tubbs in the lighthouse. I think that would have put an exclamation point on the futile and essentially nihilistic essence of the "Drug War" in the 80s.
    That whole season pretty well jumped the shark.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

  8. #98
    Site Supporter feudist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Murderham, the Tragic City
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    That whole season pretty well jumped the shark.
    There was no coming back from "Burnett".
    Personally, I kind of liked evil Sonny. He had...vision, and a bloody minded thoroughness.
    And hotter women.

  9. #99
    Member Gary1911A1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Portsmouth, OH
    Let's not forget Crockett went to a S&W 6906 as backup around season 4 after he used the Detonics to get that Viking Biker from Hell off him.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  10. #100
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Is that thunder? No, it’s just Fort Hood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    Let's not forget Crockett went to a S&W 6906 as backup around season 4 after he used the Detonics to get that Viking Biker from Hell off him.
    Memories of my short-lived 469 that I sold to buy my ASP…
    Ken

    BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •