Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone see or try the new Lyman pistol sight tool?

Anyone see or try the new Lyman pistol sight tool?

I was looking up some new sights for my Ruger 10/22 and I found this on their website:

https://www.lymanproducts.com/accusight

For the price if it works it would be a cheaper alternative to the MGW universal tool.

Has anyone tried one?

Site Supporter
    It seems to be a new product. Bookmarked the page. I'll be interested as well since it should come in around $100 when it hits the market.

Chris

I was looking at the Wheeler, and its knock off on Amazon, when I read WAL's post on the Beretta forum about how he modified it to use shoes, for a better hold on some guns. Then the MGW Rangemaster went on sale for $1 more then the Wheeler, and I didn't have to modify it. I expect if this came in around the $80 price range, it might kick their butts on value.

Site Supporter
    If I didn't already have a MGW universal sight pusher, I'd probably pick one of these up.

Looks like the MGW Pro without the shoe, good price if it works well. I had the MGW and although expensive, it worked great on the Glocks and HKs I used it on until I sold it going all in on RDS on every pistol.

There is mention of it here:
    https://youtu.be/NWZhL7Q6sqs

Site Supporter
    This pusher looks like a good tool to have for really tough sights. Given the price, I would rather use this tool than the more expensive MGW if I expect the job to be difficult enough to potentially damage the tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I wonder how this tool will handle a B92 slide. The open top design makes it kind of a tough fit for many of the universal sight tools. A lot of them rely on resting on the top of the slide and clamping that way in order to set the pushing blocks at the right height, but the cut out portion of the slide prevents that. Also, side clamps sometimes have trouble with the decocker levers on the slide when you clamp to adjust a rear sight. You may have to remove the decocker from the slide.

The P30 is another tricky one for some universal pusher designs, because the side of the slide is angled, so the side supports don't have much flat area to clamp against.

If the Lyman can handle atypical slide designs as well as the MGW, then they've got a real winner for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    This pusher looks like a good tool to have for really tough sights. Given the price, I would rather use this tool than the more expensive MGW if I expect the job to be difficult enough to potentially damage the tool.
    I can't imagine any sight adjustment or change that could damage the MGW if used properly. That thing is a tank.

I ordered one last week and used it today to install a set of ameriglo sights from handgun combatives. I put them on my m&p 2.0c and they went on without a hitch. Pretty straightforward tool to use and adjust. I'm going to use it to adjust the dawsons on my p09. I don't see it being any issue. Worth the money for a no hassle install vs a punch and hammer I've used previously, plus i can lug it to the range in my bag and make adjustments with ease while there.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Looks good, especially for the money.

I bought the MGW tool on-sale and it has never sucked.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

User Tag List