Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Why P320 is so popular outside of pistol-forum

They just need a rear sight with the notch offset.

I should start a company that makes Glock trigger jobs and offset notch sights.

I could call it EL Snacho tactical

Why is the P320 popular outside PF? Most people either didn’t even know about the “Voluntary Upgrade” or didn’t think past the surface and realize it was a shady move.

Couple that lack of disposition with the fact that it’s easier to shoot than a Glock, it’s more comfortable, and the Army bought it, and you have a recipe for a piece of small arms tech that isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. If it weren’t for Ron Cohen being a blatantly amoral shyster I’d probably be right there with the rest of the P320 peoples. It’s a great concept. They probably even have reliable 10 round OEM magazines.

Glock hasn’t done anything truly innovative since 1982. All they’ve really done is found creative ways to repackage the first gen G17 and sell it to you over and over again. I mean, if it’s stupid and it works, is it really that stupid? For 1980’s tech it was way ahead of it’s time. It’s now 2020 though and people are starting to wake up to the fact that Glock isn’t the only company capable of making a decent pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    They just need a rear sight with the notch offset.

I should start a company that makes Glock trigger jobs and offset notch sights.

I could call it EL Snacho tactical
    I’m your first investor.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Sig Legions are all over the place in the competitions I have been to in the last six months. They seem to be a favorite for Production/SSP and CO.

The 320s now generally come with removable top plates for COs, have night sights, a much better trigger, and is somewhat customizable right out of the box with easy grip changes.

What does Glock have again? They are at the bottom of the curve.

It’s important to remember that if anyone has a different opinion, or likes something different, than you it’s solely because they hate you/it. And the more they articulate the reasons why, the stronger the hate.
    So true!
    Last edited by Zincwarrior; 02-11-2020 at 09:02 AM.

I think it was well covered in the “trust a 320” thread, but it’s a good comment nonetheless. I think most people agree that the 320 is a reliable design if executed properly. The flip side of that is do we trust SIG’s manufacturing and QC to execute that design properly 90+ % of the time. A lot of folks here, because of their own experiences with SIG do not have that trust.

One of the huge issues with SIG is they’ve repeatedly used their customers as beta testers. They’ve released designs early that really needed more testing to find the bugs to the public. Then the public found the bugs. That burns a lot of asses. It erodes trust. It doesn’t inspire confidence.

One of the reasons for the popularity is marketing. SIG’s marketing department is top notch. I don’t blame them one bit for playing up the military selection. I don’t blame them one bit for advertising their wares aggressively to make a profit. I just wish they’d use a little bit of that marketing money on QC and making damn sure the product is the best it can possibly be.

I cant speak for anyone else but I like my p320C. Its run fine over its admittedly still low round count and just chugs along. In fact I ditched my px4 compact because I shot the p320 noticably better (and the beretta's DA pull proved to be something of an irritant for me during long range outings.....funny how the things that bother me about certain pistols become sharply defined when shooting 500-1000 rounds in a session...a big part of why I got out of glocks...)

I’ll be honest, only one thing has kept me from trying a SIG striker gun - no SCD.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

What is exactly different in terms of quality of parts between a contract/Leo/mil P320 and a commercial P320?

Not perceived but exact.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ll be honest, only one thing has kept me from trying a SIG striker gun - no SCD.
    While I’m a huge fan of the SCD and have it on both of my G19s, the fact that there isn’t one for every other variant of striker pistol isn’t a huge detractor. Prior to the SCD people were safely holstering SFA pistols for decades.

The SCD is definitely nice to have, but it’s not a NEED.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Sig with the 320, has finally dislodged SA and the XD, to become the most hated company and gun, by gun forum participants. While hate for Sig and the 320 is strong, Sig’s individual products are either very competitive or leaders in their segment.

Want a Production or Carry Optics pistol, the 320 Legion is now the gun that is most common.

Want a small EDC, the 365 and 365 XL are both very popular.

Want a pistol with an optic from the factory, the 320 RX is most common.

Want to do LEGO with your pistol, the 320 made that work.

Want your own copy of the military pistol, the 320 does that.

Want a Competition PCC that shoots factory ammo softly, the MPX is the leading choice.

Sig is very easy to hate but also very hard to compete with.
    IMO they are the Fiat-Chrysler of the gun world, in almost every way. This analogy is equal parts compliment and criticism.

User Tag List