Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Why P320 is so popular outside of pistol-forum

BUIS on a red dot pistol is sort of like the fire extinguisher on an aircraft. There is nothing good about needing BUIS on your red dot pistol, or the fire extinguisher on your aircraft. However, with both the extinguisher and BUIS, if you need them, you will be really happy you have them available.

My number one competition pistol is a Gen 4 Glock 17, direct milled for a SRO, with Ameriglo tritium BUIS. I verified zero after installing the BUIS, but have not fired a shot since using them.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what happens if I shoot Production after 6 - 8 months of shooting nothing but Carry Optics this year.
    I myself won't go back, if I went irons again, I would do the Limited. Based on observations of local shooters who've done that, the results are underwhelming.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I myself won't go back, if I went irons again, I would do the Limited. Based on observations of local shooters who've done that, the results are underwhelming.
    I don't mind the extra mag changes. Limited minor sucks almost as much as limited 10......

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I don't mind the extra mag changes. Limited minor sucks almost as much as limited 10......
    I’m stuck shooting Carry Optics - 10 until Spring time arrives.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    BUIS on a red dot pistol is sort of like the fire extinguisher on an aircraft. There is nothing good about needing BUIS on your red dot pistol, or the fire extinguisher on your aircraft. However, with both the extinguisher and BUIS, if you need them, you will be really happy you have them available.

My number one competition pistol is a Gen 4 Glock 17, direct milled for a SRO, with Ameriglo tritium BUIS. I verified zero after installing the BUIS, but have not fired a shot since using them.
    What trigger/other parts do you have in your Gen 4s?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yes, almost every A/M/GM USPSA shooter I know, that is shooting CO, has started shooting CO with a Legion, or switched from something else in CO to a Legion. Between AZ, MT and PF folks, I know at least a few dozen who have gone over to the Legion in CO. They seem especially popular with 2011 Limited/Open shooters, because the weight, grip angle and shape of the grip is apparently very 2011 like. The Canik appeals to some Nils fan boys, and budget oriented shooters. Glocks are mostly new shooters, cops, and guys with beards. Interestingly, almost every M class CO Glock shooter I know, is shooting a 17, and most of them with a SRO.

Intellectually, I love the Legion. I just really dislike shooting it and feel very much more in tune with how the dot tracks with a Glock. When my wife asks me to do something with one of her Legions, I have to really bite my tongue to not make a fuss. I don’t believe it is just subjective, because my recent classifiers are nearly ten percent higher with the 17 than with the Legion over the summer. More importantly, I just plain enjoy shooting more with a Glock than the Sig. Obviously that is unique to me, as the people I know shooting a Legion really like them and feel their performance is better with the Sig. A bunch of them have really strong feelings about a Glock, and wouldn’t shoot one if you paid them to.
    I played around this weekend after my match with a Legion that had trigger work done by The Sig Armorer, and a Shadow 2 milled for CO.

If I was to switch from Glock, it would be the Shadow 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the DHS/ICE approved version- I understand there is a specific SKU agents are required to purchase if they want to carry a POW on duty. Can anyone provide that SKU?

@HCM
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

User Tag List