Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Why P320 is so popular outside of pistol-forum

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    It's sad and pathetic that you and your smug fanbois give 2 shits about what anyone else is shooting in a class. Did you feel equally smug when you drove by a broken down Honda Civic in your Toyota Corolla? That's all these guns are, just econo duty guns squirted in molds. They're all the same. You're not special because you chose one over the other.

Here's a story about you and your eye rolling buddies.

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/287794
    Why the hate?

I did not perceive that the OP was smug at all.

It’s just a pistol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    It's sad and pathetic that you and your smug fanbois give 2 shits about what anyone else is shooting in a class. Did you feel equally smug when you drove by a broken down Honda Civic in your Toyota Corolla? That's all these guns are, just econo duty guns squirted in molds. They're all the same. You're not special because you chose one over the other.

Here's a story about you and your eye rolling buddies.

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/287794
    I'm fascinated that, as an implied rebuke of someone's incorrect view of things, you yourself cite someone who attributed the authorship of the Three Musketeers to Hugo rather than Dumas...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If SIG could fix their horrible QC they would likely become the new king of the hill. That said, a lot of very competent people are switching and for good reasons.

If not for Shield Arms renewing interest in the 43x/48 with its 15rds mags then I suspect the sig p365 would have an even bigger market share.

Glocks needs to start innovating and releasing models with some better ergonomics and other improvements if they wish to stay as popular as they are.

Im also starting to see a lot more HKs being carried too. We have so many great options now that the days lf Glock being the big king may soon be over. Lots of great guns out there now!

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    If SIG could fix their horrible QC they would likely become the new king of the hill. That said, a lot of very competent people are switching and for good reasons.
    If not for Shield Arms renewing interest in the 43x/48 with its 15rds mags then I suspect the sig p365 would have an even bigger market share.
    Glocks needs to start innovating and releasing models with some better ergonomics and other improvements if they wish to stay as popular as they are.
    Im also starting to see a lot more HKs being carried too. We have so many great options now that the days lf Glock being the big king may soon be over. Lots of great guns out there now!
    WM ain’t wrong. Shot a friend’s P365 side-by-side with my 43X a few weeks ago. Once I stopped trying to point it like a Glock (grip angle) I think I shot it better than my 43X. For me, the hang-up is that I have been living with Glocks for over 20 years, understand the system, and am heavily invested in them. And then there is the whole Sig saga. But for Shield Arms rolling out the 15 round mag, I would likely be rocking a P365/XL right about now. But for now, the Shield Arms mag has scratched that itch. Kinda crazy. The G17 was incredibly innovative and paradigm-changing when it was initially developed. And it Gaston pretty much stopped right there. My Gen 1 G17 isn’t all that much different than my 19X.

Site Supporter
    Can't answer why p320 is so popular. Then again when it comes to new mechanical features on a personal firearm I'm happily in the Luddite end of the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    WM ain’t wrong. Shot a friend’s P365 side-by-side with my 43X a few weeks ago. Once I stopped trying to point it like a Glock (grip angle) I think I shot it better than my 43X. For me, the hang-up is that I have been living with Glocks for over 20 years, understand the system, and am heavily invested in them. And then there is the whole Sig saga. But for Shield Arms rolling out the 15 round mag, I would likely be rocking a P365/XL right about now. But for now, the Shield Arms mag has scratched that itch. Kinda crazy. The G17 was incredibly innovative and paradigm-changing when it was initially developed. And it Gaston pretty much stopped right there. My Gen 1 G17 isn’t all that much different than my 19X.
    Yeah, everytime I shoot a SIG I consider switching but I just have to much time, money, and accessories all invested in Glock right now.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    I'm afraid P320 is here to stay. Even if nothing else, adoption by Army is going to see to that.
    Good for the P320. May it ever do the trick for those who think any particular handgun will make them happy forever and ever.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

It's a gun that has a lot to offer and lots of folks view the de facto standard Glock as suffering at times. There are things folks need to overcome with a Glock that don't exist with other guns, take it for what it is. Some of those people shoot 320's. Hell, sometimes the only reason is that it's not a Glock.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Sig with the 320, has finally dislodged SA and the XD, to become the most hated company and gun, by gun forum participants. While hate for Sig and the 320 is strong, Sig’s individual products are either very competitive or leaders in their segment.

Want a Production or Carry Optics pistol, the 320 Legion is now the gun that is most common.

Want a small EDC, the 365 and 365 XL are both very popular.

Want a pistol with an optic from the factory, the 320 RX is most common.

Want to do LEGO with your pistol, the 320 made that work.

Want your own copy of the military pistol, the 320 does that.

Want a Competition PCC that shoots factory ammo softly, the MPX is the leading choice.

Sig is very easy to hate but also very hard to compete with.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    There are things folks need to overcome with a Glock that don't exist with other guns, take it for what it is.
    If only Glock made their rear sight dovetails wider, so people could push that rear sight further right, 99 percent of the Glock complaints would go away!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List