Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Why P320 is so popular outside of pistol-forum

I would image the regular X5 would be preferred for duty, due to the lighter weight as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    For every one shooter going from Legion back to Glock, there are ten going from Glock to the Legion. The higher level shooters in AZ are almost exclusively, with a few exceptions like FON (friends of Nils).
    @GJM, can you elaborate on this? Are a number of AZ's higher level shooters migrating to the Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am feeling very nostalgic competing with a Gen 4 Glock 17, but I just don’t enjoy shooting the Legion.
    And why do you enjoy shooting Glocks over the Legion?

Just look at the past 10 years, constant product revisions, generation after generation, lack of support for previous generations, "upgrades", cutting corners, going cheap on sub-contracted parts and pushing out now quite finished designs. Sig puts out a lot of interesting stuff, the problem is Sig themselves and what leaves the factory. Company ethics aside, if they'd take their time for once and put out a fully flushed out finished design I'd be more willing to give their products a try, but I get the feeling of everything they release reaches "good enough" and the send it out into the wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Lets compare the Glock 34 and X Five Legion.

Legion has adjustable sights. Glock 34?
    Legion has a fiver optic front sight. Glock 34?
    Legion has a CO plate setup. Glock 34?
    Legion has a short trigger reset. Glock 34?
    Legion is at the maximum weight for 2 of the USPSA categories. Glock 34?

Legions took the X five changes that competitive shooters were making (mine was in the shop doing that) and put them into the Legion. When has the Glock 34 been modified?

EDIT: I could say the same about Walther's Q5 steel frame, both are made to compete right out of the box. Walther's looks more like a ray gun though, so it has the kewl factor.
    I had a Legion and went back to Glock. In all fairness I’ve been shooting Glocks for a very long time, and I shoot them very well.

I have about $800 in my CO 34.5 (blue label) not including optic and I’m at 38 ounces with an unloaded mag. Not bad for a gun with a proven track record and 2.5” groups with my reloads.

The guys that I’m routinely chasing at matches..1 shoots a Tanfo (GM), 1 shoots a CZ (GM), 1 shoots a 34 (M), and another shoots a Legion (M). The gun doesn’t matter that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too was curious about the infused grip module not being suited for duty use. From the Legion reviews I've seen, they consistently report a drop in trigger pull weight. I wonder if the Legion allegedly being inappropriate for duty use are actually reflection of a trigger weight that is intended more for the match than the street.

And regarding carry weight, I trucked around a 5" all stainless steel 45 for more years than I can count and all weight was forgiven once the gun came out of the holster and the shooting started.

*Full Disclosure - I've been running an earlier X-Five as my uniform duty gun for over a year.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    I had a Legion and went back to Glock. In all fairness I’ve been shooting Glocks for a very long time, and I shoot them very well.

I have about $800 in my CO 34.5 (blue label) not including optic and I’m at 38 ounces with an unloaded mag. Not bad for a gun with a proven track record and 2.5” groups with my reloads.

The guys that I’m routinely chasing at matches..1 shoots a Tanfo (GM), 1 shoots a CZ (GM), 1 shoots a 34 (M), and another shoots a Legion (M). The gun doesn’t matter that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As someone who shoots the Legion for USPSA I agree that the specific brand of firearm isn't a big deal. However, the Legion, like a Tanfo Stock 2 or a CZ Shadow 2, offers no room for excuses. I like it simply because there is no doubt that my match performance is on me and not a equipment deficiency (even if in a conscious level, I believe those deficiencies are largely figments of the imagination).

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    FWIW, Sig's VP of LE Sales told me that the Legion X Frame was prone to chipping or cracking from impacts, due to the tungsten infusion changing the "flex" properties of the polymer, and that he would never want cops carrying the gun on duty. Our SWAT guys had asked about this, so we asked. He said it's a competition only focused product. On a positive note, if the frame does crack....its a $199 fix, not a new gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I too was curious about the infused grip module not being suited for duty use. From the Legion reviews I've seen, they consistently report a drop in trigger pull weight. I wonder if the Legion allegedly being inappropriate for duty use are actually reflection of a trigger weight that is intended more for the match than the street.

And regarding carry weight, I trucked around a 5" all stainless steel 45 for more years than I can count and all weight was forgiven once the gun came out of the holster and the shooting started.

*Full Disclosure - I've been running an earlier X-Five as my uniform duty gun for over a year.
    Specifically the Legion grip shell. Not just the complete gun.

Regular X5 and X5 components are GTG.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    FWIW, Sig's VP of LE Sales told me that the Legion X Frame was prone to chipping or cracking from impacts, due to the tungsten infusion changing the "flex" properties of the polymer, and that he would never want cops carrying the gun on duty. Our SWAT guys had asked about this, so we asked. He said it's a competition only focused product. On a positive note, if the frame does crack....its a $199 fix, not a new gun.
    That makes sense to me. I don't have a regular x5 grip but I was surprised at how rigid the TXG grip was when I first got my Legion. It is much less flexible than my Glock frames are. I did some light research into similar high density polymers since I was curious about the viability of a heavyweight polymer 2011 grip, and I would expect the material properties w.r.t. durability at extreme temps to suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Not up to speed on IPSC PO and Production rules. What's that arbitrary ruleset in USPSA that the 320 exploits?
    USPSA allows for an extremely light and extremely short single action trigger pull, so long as it’s striker fired. Originally single action wasn’t allowed in any form, and the XD was originally disallowed because of it. The M&P however was allowed, because they claimed it to be DA. That rule would eventually be changed to any striker Fire is OK, and pretty much any mod is OK.

IPSC limits modifications in production. It also has a trigger pull weight restriction. It used to be first shot must be 5 pounds, which favored the DA/SA guns (since there was no restriction on subsequent shots). It seems recently they’ve update to either the previous restriction (for DA/SA) or a 3# for every shot (for the strikers).

This new rule will probably balance the field more in IPSC.

User Tag List