Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Why P320 is so popular outside of pistol-forum

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Thanks for the pics! That really puts it in perspective. I definitely don't want a grip wider than a glock.

How did you go about mounting the Holosun on the compact slide? Did you have to buy it as an RXP model with a Sig optic mounted on it?
    The grip on the X Compact grip module is definitely not wider than a Glock. Slide thickness seems slightly more, however.

In terms of mounting an optic, this kinda goes to your point of the ever-evolving, ever expanding product lines, but Sig is going to the Pro style optic cut on their commericial lines, not just the LE Pro lines. That maintains the dovetailed rear sight, rather than having it as part of the plate. They're also changing the optic cut to a four hole mounting pattern, that will allow mounting of RMR footprint optics. I agree that it's annoying they didn't just do both of these things from the jump but hey....at least they're listening to the market now. Better late than never, I guess.

Could be my eyeballs lying to me again. I will throw a mic on it when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    The grip on the X Compact grip module is definitely not wider than a Glock. Slide thickness seems slightly more, however.

In terms of mounting an optic, this kinda goes to your point of the ever-evolving, ever expanding product lines, but Sig is going to the Pro style optic cut on their commericial lines, not just the LE Pro lines. That maintains the dovetailed rear sight, rather than having it as part of the plate. They're also changing the optic cut to a four hole mounting pattern, that will allow mounting of RMR footprint optics. I agree that it's annoying they didn't just do both of these things from the jump but hey....at least they're listening to the market now. Better late than never, I guess.
    So Sig is going to change to a completely new system that isn't currently available commercially? I apologize that much of the above terminology flies over my head. I have no idea what a LE Pro line is, what a Pro style optic cut is, or what exactly a four-hole mounting pattern will mean.

Has there been a detailed discussion about this on P-F.com to link to, or could you take pity on me and spell it out at a slightly more...remedial...level?

I don't have any experience with pistol RDS, but I know I want to go down this route. My vision is getting worse, and I just found out that a semi-local private gun club is actually hosting IDPA/USPSA matches. Apparently most people are shooting carry optics, and I would love to try this in the late Spring when they start up for the season.

It's really confusing to decide which platform to invest in.

CZ P-10F Optics Ready for sports. CZ P-10C Optics Ready or CZ P-10S Optics Ready for carry.

One clean, clear, logical system with near total parts interchangeability.

So Sig is going to change to a completely new system that isn't currently available commercially? I apologize that much of the above terminology flies over my head. I have no idea what a LE Pro line is, what a Pro style optic cut is, or what exactly a four-hole mounting pattern will mean.

Has there been a detailed discussion about this on P-F.com to link to, or could you take pity on me and spell it out at a slightly more...remedial...level?

I don't have any experience with pistol RDS, but I know I want to go down this route. My vision is getting worse, and I just found out that a semi-local private gun club is actually hosting IDPA/USPSA matches. Apparently most people are shooting carry optics, and I would love to try this in the late Spring when they start up for the season.

The Pro series pistols, which to date have been sold as LE-only SKUs, have an optic plate like the MOS GLOCKs. The standard P320 optics platforms incorporate the rear sight into the mounting plate, so, unless you use an RDS with integrated rear backup sight notch, you're pretty much SOL on BUIS.

Hope that clears it up a little. On the issue of Sig's never ending and never predictable pattern of changing things in mid-stream, I can't help you, except to say that Ron Cohen will have Sig do WHATEVER he thinks will scrape them out a little more profit or market share.

Site Supporter
    For additional size reference, I recently lined up a 320 Carry, X-Compact frame w/ X-Carry slide, VP9, and P10C.Name:  20200203_194826.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  55.9 KB

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    CZ P-10F Optics Ready for sports. CZ P-10C Optics Ready or CZ P-10S Optics Ready for carry.

One clean, clear, logical system with near total parts interchangeability.
    This isnt wrong. Especially if you're just concerned with your own needs. Those are great pistols.

In answer to @frozentundra's question: the 320 Pro series pistols are a "Law Enforcement" product line. X Carry frame, flat trigger, Hi Vis X Ray night sights, and an optic cut similar to the Glock MOS, or M&P CORE. The original Sig RX Series optic cut incorporated an integral rear sight on the plate, that came off with the plate. Due apparently to customer demand, Sig is going to incorporate the Pro optic cut system on their non LE products as well. The original cut was proprietary, and only acommodated the Sig Romeo and Leupold Delta Point optics. The new mounting system they are adopting will also allow mounting Trijicon RMR footprint optics as well.

Hope this helps. You're right, it is confusing.

Why P320 is so popular outside of pistol-forum

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    As someone who shoots the Legion for USPSA I agree that the specific brand of firearm isn't a big deal. However, the Legion, like a Tanfo Stock 2 or a CZ Shadow 2, offers no room for excuses. I like it simply because there is no doubt that my match performance is on me and not a equipment deficiency (even if in a conscious level, I believe those deficiencies are largely figments of the imagination).
    Listened to Stoegers latest podcast, he shot CO with a stock G34. Pretty interesting his observations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    Listened to Stoegers latest podcast, he shot CO with a stock G34. Pretty interesting his observations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought that was interesting as well. I don't have a standard weight grip for the P320 so I don't know how it would compare on transitions, but I do like how my Glocks transition compared to heavy guns. I also think I have learned to be a little more precise and to not muscle the gun around with the heavy frame.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    In answer to @frozentundra's question: the 320 Pro series pistols are a "Law Enforcement" product line. X Carry frame, flat trigger, Hi Vis X Ray night sights, and an optic cut similar to the Glock MOS, or M&P CORE. The original Sig RX Series optic cut incorporated an integral rear sight on the plate, that came off with the plate. Due apparently to customer demand, Sig is going to incorporate the Pro optic cut system on their non LE products as well. The original cut was proprietary, and only acommodated the Sig Romeo and Leupold Delta Point optics. The new mounting system they are adopting will also allow mounting Trijicon RMR footprint optics as well.
    So which system is the issue M17/M18 using?
    Which system is the current XCompact?

User Tag List