Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Why P320 is so popular outside of pistol-forum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    And their new flagship pistol optic, the Romeo2 is just about to arrive, I'm pretty certain it will be compatible with both the MHS integral slides as well as the pro slides, it has the integrated rear sight that will co witness with the new x-ray suppressor height sights on the newest RXP's, what I'm not certain of is will the still new Romeo1 Pro sort of fall away and be replaced by the romeo 2 or will it continue as more of an EDC type optic since the Romeo 3 MAX is the dedicated gaming optic. Maybe they will clarify things at the NRA meeting.
    Has anyone had hands-on with the Romeo2?

I’ve heard conflicting information. One version says it is a true closed emitter optic, The other says it is an open a meter optic with a removable cover for weather like rain and snow but that it is not truly sealed against moisture like the ACRO or HS 509.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    The Walther PPQ will not fire if dropped. If the blow ia hard enough, the striker will release, but will be stopped from hitting the primer by the striker block.
    There are other Walthers. The PP & PPK reportedly have the potential to fire when dropped unless the safety is engaged, as well as first and second, but not third gen S&W.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

I’ve heard conflicting information. One version says it is a true closed emitter optic, The other says it is an open a meter optic with a removable cover for weather like rain and snow but that it is not truly sealed against moisture like the ACRO or HS 509.
    It is not a true closed emitter. The prototypes they have shown will ship with two shrouds. One is a closed emitter and the other is just a hood like on the Romeo1 pro. It is IPX7 water proof while you can scuba dive with the Acro.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    The Walther PPQ will not fire if dropped. If the blow ia hard enough, the striker will release, but will be stopped from hitting the primer by the striker block.
    PPS M2:

https://waltherarms.com/recall/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    It is not a true closed emitter. The prototypes they have shown will ship with two shrouds. One is a closed emitter and the other is just a hood like on the Romeo1 pro. It is IPX7 water proof while you can scuba dive with the Acro.
    I found these pics - my first reaction is that this is actually a decent idea if they pulled it off:

Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Now SIG has discontinued the X Carry and the X full and replace them with the successor (RXP?).
    The X-fullsize is still available. Both the Carry and the XCarry appear to have been discontinued.

The RXP is the Romeo1Pro version of the RX line, ie guns that come with an optic included. That includes the RXP Full, RXP XFull, RXP Compact, and RXP XCompact. (That's right, you can now get models with TWO X's in the name, and the X's mean different things!)

The M17/18 uses the cut all the way to the rear and the cover plate with the fixed rear sight. The optics cut is for the Leupold DPP footprint which is also compatible with the new Romeo1 and Romeo1 PRO.
    I was under the impression that the Romeo1Pro was the "new" Romeo1, for DPP footprint guns, and the orginal Romeo1 was sticking around to support the older guns with the Romeo1 footprint.

The latest x Compact has abandoned the M17 system for a DPP footprint cut in front of the rear sight.
    Attachment 48694
    That appears to be an RXP XCompact. The regular XCompacts on Sig's website still show the M17 cut with rear site on the plate. But that could just be that they have not updated their photos. I have not seen a current XCompact in person yet.

It may change again in a few months- who knows with SIG.
    It probably will, but that's not new. Back in the 90's, Sig was making so many changes to the springs and small parts under the grips on the 226 that Hogue and Pachmayr had a "we're pretty sure our grips will fit but we can't guarantee anything unless you send us the specific gun" policy.
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Thanks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by archangel View Post
    The X-fullsize is still available. Both the Carry and the XCarry appear to have been discontinued.

The RXP is the Romeo1Pro version of the RX line, ie guns that come with an optic included. That includes the RXP Full, RXP XFull, RXP Compact, and RXP XCompact. (That's right, you can now get models with TWO X's in the name, and the X's mean different things!)

I was under the impression that the Romeo1Pro was the "new" Romeo1, for DPP footprint guns, and the orginal Romeo1 was sticking around to support the older guns with the Romeo1 footprint.

That appears to be an RXP XCompact. The regular XCompacts on Sig's website still show the M17 cut with rear site on the plate. But that could just be that they have not updated their photos. I have not seen a current XCompact in person yet.

It probably will, but that's not new. Back in the 90's, Sig was making so many changes to the springs and small parts under the grips on the 226 that Hogue and Pachmayr had a "we're pretty sure our grips will fit but we can't guarantee anything unless you send us the specific gun" policy.
    The X compact photo I shared if from my LGS so that version (RXP?) is shipping and in the wild.

The M17 plate version transitioned from the Romeo cut to the DPP cut a few months ago. One day the DPP cut, M17 plate style Xcompact will be a rare collectors item like S&W 5926s.

SIGs website is not regularly updated and is a shitshow on par with Safariland’s

SIGs website is not regularly updated and is a shitshow on par with Safariland’s
    I think this is because Sig doesn't even understand what Sig is doing or why they are doing it. It's even more convoluted than I had guessed.

Why don't they just ask Lena Miculek or Daniel Horner what to do? I'm sure they could sort it out in about 15 minutes.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I found these pics - my first reaction is that this is actually a decent idea if they pulled it off:

Is that like a quick disconnect? That'd be awesome. Get your gun muddy or snowy and just pop it off? Kind of like the snowmobile helmet visors?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List