Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Jeep Gladiators Selling Poorly - Now with Big Dealer Incentives

el Motor

This took a lot of thinking & time. It paid off, too.

Farswot, the Jeep thread thief.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'm not familiar with that engine, but I assume it's not the original. Personally, I'd probably have leaned toward a mech-injected four-banger Cummins, but that's only 'cause I'm a youngster.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Kids...

Farswot

Alas, I couldn't find the other video where a Gladiator was high-centered on the Jeep obstacle course and had to be towed off....

The two things I really about the jeep is that I can easily reach in the bed from the side without climbing on something and I can take the doors and roof off for that cool guy jeep look.

Otherwise... Tundra plz.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I did find a dealer in NC or somewhere around there that has several Gladiator Rubicons with minimal options and manuals. They're discounted to the low 40s currently. To end up with that many of them, it must be on purpose. Would probably buy from them if I did buy, as it would be a relief to deal with a dealer that understands people like me actually exist. But probably won't buy.

Epiphany at lunch time: If I can deal with that small a box, what's keeping me from getting a used GM pickup with a 6 1/2 foot box and a 6.0?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Epiphany at lunch time: If I can deal with that small a box, what's keeping me from getting a used GM pickup with a 6 1/2 foot box and a 6.0?
    It’s a GM?

Just buy a Tundra and be done with it, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I know its shocking to hear but some years the number of days with rain here approach the double digits!
    3 or 4 years ago a friend of mine ferried a Flight Design CTLS through Phoenix and they were rained in for a week. After 3 days they parked the plane and took Southwest to home base to wait it out.

But speaking of Gladiators, there's a local shooter Rod, who drives one. He loves it and drives with doors off through the winter. I see him often at local classes and matches.

My experience with a 2010 Wrangler was extremely positive. It was bulletproof for 9 years and 140k miles. Jeeps were supposed to be unreliable, but I guess not anymore. But when I went to get a new one, I found that the same Wrangler that I bought for $32k in 2010 was priced at $54k now. The JL generation brought significant price increases. I ended buying a BMW X3 that was significantly cheaper.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I know its shocking to hear but some years the number of days with rain here approach the double digits!
    IKR?

I actually was irritated by rain here last week for one of the few times since I moved to AZ. It was tennis tryouts week, and we lost two days to rain.

User Tag List