Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeep Gladiators Selling Poorly - Now with Big Dealer Incentives

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Mall crawlers are everywhere.

A case of rainbow flag stickers could be a lot of fun....
    Dude, what did gay folk ever do to you?

Or are you mad because they didn't?

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Big Jeep fan here. I've had two TJ's, both purchased new in the 90's and built up to be off-road monsters. Traded the manual for an automatic, and ultimately rolled and totaled the second one while wheeling in WA state, not ironically on an obstacle aptly named "tip-over challenge". I also love trucks, and I've driven one almost exclusively for the last 20 years. A pile of Toyota's, and one F-150.

As much as I would LOVE to have another Jeep (Oh, I've looked), and even better yet, a damn Jeep-truck, they are way over-the-top with the Gladiator pricing. Heck, even a well optioned (read: off-road performance options) Wrangler Unlimited is insanely priced. It's like paying for the Pony these days.

You can buy a Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road for less, so that's what I did. I just past 30k, spending countless hours in the woods, on trails, and sandy beaches. Zero issues and not a single squeak or rattle to chase in the cabin.

That's the trim I will get if/when I get a 4runner.

You can buy a Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road for less, so that's what I did. I just past 30k, spending countless hours in the woods, on trails, and sandy beaches. Zero issues and not a single squeak or rattle to chase in the cabin.

If it’s anything like the FJ I’m driving you can expect that to continue for the next 140k miles.

I’ve never driven around in a 13-year old (actually, 14, it’s an ‘07 built in ‘06) vehicle that has 168k on it and doesn’t rattle or squeak.

The loudest noise the truck has is some wind noise around the driver’s door at highway speed. I haven’t chased it enough to figure out if it is a weather stripping issue or just the big square mirror out there.

The fact I can HEAR wind noise inside a truck with this mileage and age blows my mind. Also bear in mind the FJ has a plastic and vinyl floor, not carpet. So I’d expect it to be even louder than it is.

How does Toyota manage to build a vehicle that doesn’t squeak or rattle? Because Ford, GM, and Chrysler have NEVER accomplished that. I’ve had rattly Fords that has 25k on them.

Quote Originally Posted by vaspence View Post
    I went through the same debate last year (4Runner vs Wrangler). I like the 4Runner but it didn't have the backseat room the Wrangler has for passengers (or at least that is my opinion). I ordered a pretty loaded 2019 Rubicon Unlimited (3.6, 8 speed auto) and took delivery in May 2019. My 2 boys and I drove it over 7500 miles on a trip from Virginia out west (South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, etc) last June/July without a hiccup other than a crack in the windshield while crossing Nebraska in the rain. The Jeep had no issues with power at elevation (think we were over 12,000 in Colorado) and holding speed with the cruise is not an issue. This is on the stock 285/70/17 mud terrains.

I'm currently over 21000 miles and love the jeep.

Attachment 48587

FWIW I also own a Tacoma (2013 TRD Sport double cab) and the wife has a 2019 Lexus GX460 so we love us some Toyota.
    My wife also drives a gx460, a 2020 model thats our second one, after we had a 2017. Great truck. Zero issues.

I plan on trading in my bmw m550 (sedan) and getting either a 4runner, a Wrangler, a Raptor, or another GX. After years of various cars, now that the kids are getting a little older and we are beginning to enjoy the outdoors more, i am ready for somy fluffy tires.

How do you like the Jeep compared to the GX for driving around town?

I test drove a raptor and loved it, but it is BIG for driving around town in boston so i may shy away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    My wife also drives a gx460, a 2020 model thats our second one, after we had a 2017. Great truck. Zero issues.

I plan on trading in my bmw m550 (sedan) and getting either a 4runner, a Wrangler, a Raptor, or another GX. After years of various cars, now that the kids are getting a little older and we are beginning to enjoy the outdoors more, i am ready for somy fluffy tires.

How do you like the Jeep compared to the GX for driving around town?

I test drove a raptor and loved it, but it is BIG for driving around town in boston so i may shy away from it.
    There is no comparison, the GX is a better ride on the road. That said, I think the Jeep is a great daily driver. Driving and parking it is like being in a Miata after being in a double cab, long bed Tacoma for over 12 years. Folks who drive cars maybe of the complete opposite opinion.

Big Jeep fan here. I've had two TJ's, both purchased new in the 90's and built up to be off-road monsters. Traded the manual for an automatic, and ultimately rolled and totaled the second one while wheeling in WA state, not ironically on an obstacle aptly named "tip-over challenge". I also love trucks, and I've driven one almost exclusively for the last 20 years. A pile of Toyota's, and one F-150.

As much as I would LOVE to have another Jeep (Oh, I've looked), and even better yet, a damn Jeep-truck, they are way over-the-top with the Gladiator pricing. Heck, even a well optioned (read: off-road performance options) Wrangler Unlimited is insanely priced. It's like paying for the Pony these days.

Double like this post.

I've had 3 SWB 4WD Toyotas, 2 pickups (one before they badged them Tacoma) and a 4R. IIRC a 91 PU, 97 4R, 02 Taco. I'm on my second 4Runner. so that makes #4. I can say that for the money there isn't anything out there that can measure up. If you put the right tires on one you have a very good off road vehicle. They aren't rock crawlers which seems to be a thing now, but they do the outback just fine. The new ones have traction control for ice and snow if you dial it in. I bought an SR5 4R last summer for 37K. Still has the magic. F'in Chevy broke down twice on the road. I've been a Toyota buyer since 78 ( 6 total ) and they've never left me on the side of the road. I bought the Duramax to tow a trailer. It's gone. If you like spending money on maintenance and repairs buy a Duramax.
    Last edited by Borderland; 02-11-2020 at 09:31 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If it’s anything like the FJ I’m driving you can expect that to continue for the next 140k miles.

I’ve never driven around in a 13-year old (actually, 14, it’s an ‘07 built in ‘06) vehicle that has 168k on it and doesn’t rattle or squeak.

The loudest noise the truck has is some wind noise around the driver’s door at highway speed. I haven’t chased it enough to figure out if it is a weather stripping issue or just the big square mirror out there.

The fact I can HEAR wind noise inside a truck with this mileage and age blows my mind. Also bear in mind the FJ has a plastic and vinyl floor, not carpet. So I’d expect it to be even louder than it is.

How does Toyota manage to build a vehicle that doesn’t squeak or rattle? Because Ford, GM, and Chrysler have NEVER accomplished that. I’ve had rattly Fords that has 25k on them.
    Wish they kept making FJ Cruisers, that was my DO WANT car until they discontinued them :*(.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Wish they kept making FJ Cruisers, that was my DO WANT car until they discontinued them :*(.
    I think I read they have plans to bring it back sort of, only with AWD which ain't quite the same. That's why I bought a 4R. 4WD is dying.
    Last edited by Borderland; 02-11-2020 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I think I read they have plans to bring it back.
    OOOHHHHHHH!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vaspence View Post
    I went through the same debate last year (4Runner vs Wrangler). I like the 4Runner but it didn't have the backseat room the Wrangler has for passengers (or at least that is my opinion). I ordered a pretty loaded 2019 Rubicon Unlimited (3.6, 8 speed auto) and took delivery in May 2019. My 2 boys and I drove it over 7500 miles on a trip from Virginia out west (South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, etc) last June/July without a hiccup other than a crack in the windshield while crossing Nebraska in the rain. The Jeep had no issues with power at elevation (think we were over 12,000 in Colorado) and holding speed with the cruise is not an issue. This is on the stock 285/70/17 mud terrains.

I'm currently over 21000 miles and love the jeep.

Attachment 48587

FWIW I also own a Tacoma (2013 TRD Sport double cab) and the wife has a 2019 Lexus GX460 so we love us some Toyota.
    Love those any road road trips. Good way to see the country. Valley of the Gods in Utah. You don't want to take your Lexus in there. The road isn't that good.

User Tag List