Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeep Gladiators Selling Poorly - Now with Big Dealer Incentives

Jeep Gladiators Selling Poorly - Now with Big Dealer Incentives

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/02/10/...ts-incentives/

tl;dr:

Up to $9,000 in incentives from some dealers
    Poorest selling vehicle in Jeep's lineup

___

Get one now, if you want one, I suspect they won't be around in three model years.

Man, they look way better in photos than in person... They also charged way too much money.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    The MSRP pricing is drag-your-dick-in-broken-glass level retarded. If I want a truck for truck stuff the Ram Classic is a much better deal. If I want a Jeep for Jeep stuff, the Wrangler remains the better deal.

It doesn't help that it's fugly.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

If you watch any of the YouTube-based automotive influencers, though, you'd think that the Gladiator is the best new vehicle ever made. (I watch a lot of YouTube.)

It's a reminder (for me) of for whom they really work.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Found a local dealer with a manual-transmission Overland in white for >$10k off MSRP. Might hafta go check it out.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

They were certainly the hot ticket at SEMA this year. I'm seeing quite a few of them around, but:
    1. The rubicons look "right" and the other models are all disproportionate. Sport models look like shit unless you toss on a lift and 35s
    2. The rubicons cost an arm and a leg, everyone wants to pay sport prices
    3. Nobody wants to be a first-year buyer of a new FCA vehicle.
    3a. Especially when it's been announced that it would be coming the following year with the diesel engine everyone thinks they want
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Wouldn’t buy a Jeep anyway.

For the kind of money you’ll drop on one of those unreliable pieces of junk you could buy a Toyota Hilux, Hilux Surf, or Land Cruiser in good shape.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post

For the kind of money you’ll drop on one of those unreliable pieces of junk you could buy a Toyota Hilux, Hilux Surf, or Land Cruiser in good shape.
    Yeah, unreliable vehicles are just headaches. I drive a Ram at work, but if I’m spending my own money, hello Lexus.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Yeah, unreliable vehicles are just headaches. I drive a Ram at work, but if I’m spending my own money, hello Lexus.
    No kidding. While I don’t ever see living in a situation where I wouldn’t need a truck, or body on frame SUV(unless my live aboard sail boat fantasies come to pass) I’d be all over a Lexus or Acura. Actually, really want a used Lexus 460...maybe when the Taco dies... Or maybe a Landy.

https://www.japaneseclassics.com/contact/

https://back40imports.com/

I’ve emailed and spoken on the phone with Dave at Back 40. Would definitely do business with him based on our interaction this far.

My ‘96 4Runner was awesome would buy another. https://www.japaneseclassics.com/veh...a-hilux-ssr-g/
    Last edited by Dan_S; 02-11-2020 at 12:08 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post

Not in the US, you can't. Not unless they're 25 years old. Tacoma's and 4Runners are nice but there's no diesel or solid axle options and manual transmissions are special order only, and only on the Tacomas.

People started figuring out that the 100 and 200 series LC's are awesome and worth the money, now they're going up in price.

But here I am in the Middle East, still dreaming of bringing home one of these twin turbo diesel V8, triple locked, live axle, 6spd manual, quad cab pickup bed 70 series Land Cruisers.

If you can get a Rubicon with a manual trans the new Wranglers are pretty decent, just overpriced. Avoid the Barbie-Jeep trim levels and avoid the auto trans and you'll spare yourself 90% of the heartache you can have with those things.

User Tag List