Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeep Gladiators Selling Poorly - Now with Big Dealer Incentives

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Really? too bad. It was seriously tempted.
    https://www.thedrive.com/news/32091/...1000-right-now

A healthy dealer incentive of $5,325 makes up a chunk of that, although the state of California also pitches in its fair share.
    So I don't know if you have to be a CA resident to qualify but several of those discounts are CA specific or region specific.

I can't get the picture to load, so follow the link and scroll down to see the incentives.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    https://www.thedrive.com/news/32091/...1000-right-now

So I don't know if you have to be a CA resident to qualify but several of those discounts are CA specific or region specific.

I can't get the picture to load, so follow the link and scroll down to see the incentives.
    If I had $30k disposable ($21k for the truck, $1400 taxes, $200 fuel to get it home, $200 flight, $400 in food/showers, balance in getting my wife whatever the fuck she wants so she doesn't kill me for buying ANOTHER vehicle!!!) I'd be all over that like a fat chick at an all you can eat buffet on contest night.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Hopefully I can qualify for the 2% of Jeep owners that are non assholes.

I bought this 2018 JKU with the manual a few months ago and have been nothing but pleased. There are some screaming deals to be found on used manual Jeeps right now, because there are fewer buyers that can drive them or teach their kids to drive them.

I am a recent urban escapee and the Jeep fits my rural, mountainous area perfectly.

The first thing I did when I bought the Jeep was pull the OEM mud terrains off and put a new set of Duratracs on it. Most people who have trouble driving on snow or ice should stop expecting AWD, limited slip, etc to make up for running shitty tires. Our Outback has Blizzaks for winter and they make that thing look like a billy goat.

Hating on mall crawlers is certainly an enjoyable pastime, but in its element the Jeep still shines.

Name:  647CC398-C95D-493C-A678-A6B34ECB7035.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  101.8 KB

I wonder what the out the door price is one one of them. My 17 year old Ram 1500 needs to be replaced.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Really? too bad. It was seriously tempted.
    We have recently made Chargers that are still developing the Pentastar tick. So even if you don't want the hassle of diesel maintenance, you can roll the dice on getting a diesel motor sound.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Some great info in this thread. For my next vehicle (currently have a car) I'm wanting a 4x4 for sitting up higher and doing some moderate offroading when I'd like. I have it narrowed down to a 4Runner or a Wrangler (though I may also test drive a Tacoma). I've always been in love with the aesthetics of Wranglers, and when I test drove the 2 vehicles, I sort of preferred driving the Wrangler vs the 4Runner. It seemed more responsive, and I found the 4Runner to be a bit mushy with steering and braking/accelerating. But there are a lot of positives to the 4runner and the reliability issues I've heard of wranglers is very off-putting. Online, the complaints of wrangler reliability tend to be very vague. The folks in this thread have actually named some specific problems, and I'm certainly taking them to heart. I just love the look of a rugged Wrangler, but I HATE car problems and I especially don't want to pay that kind of money to have them.

According to the USAA car buying service, the average price in my area is around $29,000. I'm betting I can't get another $9000 off that price.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakus View Post
    Most people who have trouble driving on snow or ice should stop expecting AWD, limited slip, etc to make up for running shitty tires. Our Outback has Blizzaks for winter and they make that thing look like a billy goat.
    I have the Blizzaks on my Focus ST and it has way exceeded expectations, I imagine a Sube would be crazy.
    We also have a nice F-150, but if it just a snowstorm and not a blizzard I am not shy about just taking the car.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Big Jeep fan here. I've had two TJ's, both purchased new in the 90's and built up to be off-road monsters. Traded the manual for an automatic, and ultimately rolled and totaled the second one while wheeling in WA state, not ironically on an obstacle aptly named "tip-over challenge". I also love trucks, and I've driven one almost exclusively for the last 20 years. A pile of Toyota's, and one F-150.

As much as I would LOVE to have another Jeep (Oh, I've looked), and even better yet, a damn Jeep-truck, they are way over-the-top with the Gladiator pricing. Heck, even a well optioned (read: off-road performance options) Wrangler Unlimited is insanely priced. It's like paying for the Pony these days.

You can buy a Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road for less, so that's what I did. I just past 30k, spending countless hours in the woods, on trails, and sandy beaches. Zero issues and not a single squeak or rattle to chase in the cabin.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Some great info in this thread. For my next vehicle (currently have a car) I'm wanting a 4x4 for sitting up higher and doing some moderate offroading when I'd like. I have it narrowed down to a 4Runner or a Wrangler (though I may also test drive a Tacoma). I've always been in love with the aesthetics of Wranglers, and when I test drove the 2 vehicles, I sort of preferred driving the Wrangler vs the 4Runner. It seemed more responsive, and I found the 4Runner to be a bit mushy with steering and braking/accelerating. But there are a lot of positives to the 4runner and the reliability issues I've heard of wranglers is very off-putting. Online, the complaints of wrangler reliability tend to be very vague. The folks in this thread have actually named some specific problems, and I'm certainly taking them to heart. I just love the look of a rugged Wrangler, but I HATE car problems and I especially don't want to pay that kind of money to have them.
    I went through the same debate last year (4Runner vs Wrangler). I like the 4Runner but it didn't have the backseat room the Wrangler has for passengers (or at least that is my opinion). I ordered a pretty loaded 2019 Rubicon Unlimited (3.6, 8 speed auto) and took delivery in May 2019. My 2 boys and I drove it over 7500 miles on a trip from Virginia out west (South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, etc) last June/July without a hiccup other than a crack in the windshield while crossing Nebraska in the rain. The Jeep had no issues with power at elevation (think we were over 12,000 in Colorado) and holding speed with the cruise is not an issue. This is on the stock 285/70/17 mud terrains.

I'm currently over 21000 miles and love the jeep.

Name:  Jeep Craters of the Moon.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  63.6 KB

FWIW I also own a Tacoma (2013 TRD Sport double cab) and the wife has a 2019 Lexus GX460 so we love us some Toyota.

User Tag List