Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is this revolver I found in a river?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Strange women lying in rivers and distributing old revolvers is no basis for a system of government...Or is it?

Nor is a moistened bink!

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    That's a great site, but if you read it carefully, it points out the gun was not intended to shoot feral dogs, it was for bicyclists to defend themselves from people. "Velodog" is a combination of the words "velocipede" and "Bulldog"-- as in "Bulldog" revolver.
    Maybe for shooting dogs while riding a bicycle.

It's illegal for civilians to shoot people in Europe therefore you should not own a SD firearm for such a deed.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Maybe for shooting dogs while riding a bicycle.

It's illegal for civilians to shoot people in Europe therefore you should not own a SD firearm for such a deed.
    Hey, that's now! 100 years ago, shooting people was more PC. Or at least more fashionable. E.g., vest-pocket guns.

Sorry about the pedantic correction, but I am pedantic, and this is one of my historical misconceptions pet peeves. This, and the idea that vibrators were invented to allow doctors to give women orgasms in a more timely manner.

If there's a connection there, it's beyond me too.

Man, all I find in creeks and ponds is old bottles. And the occasional arrowhead.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    There's likely a good reason that revolver ended up at the bottom of a river.

If only guns could tell stories. Nice find.
    Yep. I picture some of the underworld characters from "M".

Name:  0gustavactsinm.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  39.8 KB
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Or at least more fashionable. E.g., vest-pocket guns.
    Don't forget the duelling pistols. I would really like to have a set of those babies.

Wow. Just Wow. Thank you all so much for your answers, I really didn't expect to get so many good answers.

Don't forget the duelling pistols. I would really like to have a set of those babies.
    Oh yes.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Xenor View Post
    Wow. Just Wow. Thank you all so much for your answers, I really didn't expect to get so many good answers.
    We don't get posts with pics of odd guns recovered from underwater all that often, thank you!

Anyone got an opinion on whether the OP should try to run this puppy through an ultrasonic cleaner? If afraid it might just disintegrate.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    We don't get posts with pics of odd guns recovered from underwater all that often, thank you!

Anyone got an opinion on whether the OP should try to run this puppy through an ultrasonic cleaner? If afraid it might just disintegrate.
    Maybe soak in brake cleaner for a few weeks and put it on a fiber buffer wheel. You might get to a point where it has some definition.

It's an interesting piece.

We have a system for disputing internal quality error calls at work. It usually devolves into a purse fight of adults slinging CFRs at each other via email. I have suggest we be able to demand satisfaction on the field of honor.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List