Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Broke my POM, what now?

Broke my POM, what now?

I got a POM pepper spray around July and have been carrying it every day. This weekend, I accidentally popped it out of my pocket and it hit the tile floor in a store (much to the amusement of Younger Offspring). The tab on top broke in half. Do I chuck it (after emptying it for practice), try to superglue the tab back together, or contact POM and see if I can get a replacement?

Thanks
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

While I prefer Sabre, that can is hard to fit in a pocket. The only reason I own POM products is i can discreetly have some liquid fire on hand.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    While I prefer Sabre, that can is hard to fit in a pocket. The only reason I own POM products is i can discreetly have some liquid fire on hand.
    Exactly. I can wear a POM pretty discreetly in the pocket of my dress pants at my NPE-ish work

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    In general, the first thing you should do when you have a problem with any product (after alerting the internet ) is to contact the vendor or manufacturer. Having said that, and despite POM being the darling of social media influencers (that may or may not have a business or affiliate relationship with them), I’d recommend the use of the Sabre Red MK6 which has a proven history of being both effective and durable.

Of course, the MK6 is bigger, not as “metro” and harder to color coordinate with your purse and/or shoes.
    Don't wear carry white until after Memorial day...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Don't wear carry white until after Memorial day...
    Sources tell me that's "old school" style and no longer applies. Ah, the benefits of associating with the younger crowd.

I like this Saber pocket can:
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007VM8UC/

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I carried Fox 5.3 for the last 15 years or so, about a 2oz can. Small enough for pocket carry big enough to solve more than one issue at a time. Recently switched over to Sabre Red, bought 6 cans for Christmas for loved ones. Nothing says love like OC.

The problem with the smaller can of Sabre is that they Lie. It has a marketing program that say that a 22 gram can, delivers 35 burst. I'm calling bullshit on that. They are easy to carry though and if I can take care of two problems and not just one, I will be happy.

https://www.sabrered.com/pepper-spra...per-spray-clip

Student
    Previous thread link for everyone's reference.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....efensive-Spray

My Sabre Mk-6 and DefTech Mk-3 could stand to be replaced. I'm leaning toward switching them both out for DefTech's Mk-6s in cone spray based on what we learned in Mr. Haggard's class.

color me surprised.

POM has a bad history of this. And when it was brought to their attention last summer, they said a fix was "imminent". 9 months later, they are still selling units made from a plastic formulation that has known issues.

They are good about replacing broken units. Of course, the replacement ones are made the exact same way so caveat emptor.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

POM said they'd replace my unit (*snicker*), though it's probably as @Cecil Burch says.

User Tag List