Thread: Ultimate Reloader Lee Pro 1000 Unboxing/Setup

Ultimate Reloader Lee Pro 1000 Unboxing/Setup

I haven't messed with a Pro 1000 in a couple years. I'm pleased to see it looks like the press has had some serious upgrades.

Things I notice off the bat:

A real spent primer catch system. Old ones dropped down inside the frame and had to be sucked out with a shop vac or a hole had to be drilled in the workbench

The case feed system is offset now. It used to be at the 6:00 position so it was hard to see what was going on

The press indexes earlier than before. Not sure about this one but it looks like the shell plate might index earlier than on the old version. This should mean the primer has a bit more time to get onto the seating punch

There's a pin or rod that pops up through the shell plate and locks the shell plate in after indexing. May or may not be a good thing...

Anyway, I always thought the Lee was a pretty darned good value considering what all it comes with. If Lee has been able to make the press more reliable and easier to operate with the latest version it'll still be one of the best deals out there for loading pistol ammo. Now if they would only come out with a 4-station version.

https://ultimatereloader.com/2020/02...oading-45-acp/

This is the set up and I have been pleased. I had issues early on but I contacted Lee and they reminded me to use CCI primers. I have not had issues since.

I really like UltimateReloader's work.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I really like UltimateReloader's work.
    Me too. He does a good job of just reviewing the product. I rarely get a sense of brand loyalty or bias.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I haven't messed with a Pro 1000 in a couple years. I'm pleased to see it looks like the press has had some serious upgrades.

Things I notice off the bat:

A real spent primer catch system. Old ones dropped down inside the frame and had to be sucked out with a shop vac or a hole had to be drilled in the workbench

The case feed system is offset now. It used to be at the 6:00 position so it was hard to see what was going on

The press indexes earlier than before. Not sure about this one but it looks like the shell plate might index earlier than on the old version. This should mean the primer has a bit more time to get onto the seating punch

There's a pin or rod that pops up through the shell plate and locks the shell plate in after indexing. May or may not be a good thing...
    Probably a good thing. I had the old Pro 1000 for a few years. Indexing problems was one of the major annoyances with that press.

It looks like they're using the same base as with the new "Value Turret" and Breech Lock Pro. The Breech Lock Pro shellplate also locks in to place with a vertical pin. It seems reliable in the BLP. (I've had one since shortly after they came out).

The reviewer did not say if there were any changes to the priming.

This is the first review I have seen of the upgraded Pro 1000.

Site Supporter
    Interesting to see the changes. The Lee pro 1000 was my first progressive press I loaded on. Like many people, I got used to the quirks, made some modifications and adjustments to get it working a bit better, and I eventually loaded up quite a bit of ammo on that machine. No I will never trade my Dillon back for one, but to be honest it isn't a bad machine. I think Lee is a great company, and I still use plenty of their products (dies, bullet sizers, shellplates, etc.)

User Tag List