Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Vertec or "Hump"?

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote41 View Post
    The 92X plastic wraparounds are so flexible I can stop the trigger from reseting just by gripping the pistol.
    Well, that's disappointing to hear. Is it squishing down on the trigger bar? Trying to envision how this would happen. My LTT grip rubs a tiny bit on the trigger bar and gives a slight gritty sensation. Maybe this area is a very tight tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    Well, that's disappointing to hear. Is it squishing down on the trigger bar? Trying to envision how this would happen. My LTT grip rubs a tiny bit on the trigger bar and gives a slight gritty sensation. Maybe this area is a very tight tolerance.
    Yes. It can pin the trigger bar by friction. Also makes the trigger pull harder. I am going to send a video to Beretta when I get the time. Still uncertain if I will keep the 92X. It’s been flawless, but I’m not in love with the Vertec like I thought I would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote41 View Post
    Yes. It can pin the trigger bar by friction. Also makes the trigger pull harder. I am going to send a video to Beretta when I get the time. Still uncertain if I will keep the 92X. It’s been flawless, but I’m not in love with the Vertec like I thought I would be.
    I played with the stock 92x grips tonight and I could not tell a difference no matter how hard I squeezed. I was gripping all over the gun and squeezing the crap out it with no noticable interference. I would check your install, or maybe you have some bad grips.

On another note, the stock option 92x wrap around grip is, from what I can tell, thinner than the normal 92 grip. And, the 92x will fit in the same JMCK AIWB holster as a 92fs/M9A1/LTT. The trigger guard is of course different, but there is no loss in retention.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I really thought I might like the Vertec setup, as I’ve got hands on the smaller side of the bell curve, but found the full grip to be outstanding for me. I can get better support hand purchase on my LTT than any other gun I’ve got, and part of that is the spot opened up by the hump there.
    i'm not going to rescind my statement, but I did handle a 92x Compact - yes the compact to the effect of the hump is less pronounced either way -- and I really liked the grip on it. The stock grip panels were way more aggressively textured and it felt really solid. I still want an LTT compact but I may have to consider grabbing one of these while that rebate is in effect.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List