Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Vertec or "Hump"?

Regular, not even close. I almost bought one online with the Vertec without even holding one at the LGS that has prices that make my knees shake, and found out a friend had one, which he really liked, so I shot his and I didn't really need to even shoot it, just picking it up, I knew it wasn't for me. I shot it as well as my 92FS though, it just didn't feel right. Better than a standard 1911(just wrong, IMHO), but a standard 92 grip is much better.

Hump. Not only fits my mitts better but looks better. And like LOK golfball texture stocks while I'm at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Winegamd View Post
    Just bought a 92x and am a hump fan. The new wrap around grips have the same checkering on the backstrap as the sides.
    That sounds like it would be like M2.0 level of grip if the backstrap is also rough texture. If you are able to compare, do the 92X wraparound grips feel about the same thickness as classic 92FS plastic grips, thinner, or thicker?

I thought for sure I’d like the vertec more, glad I held a M9A3 before I bought a Vertec. Ended up buying my 92A1. I put LTT grips on it but they almost seem too thin. Love the texture but I don’t get as much contact as I’d like.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    That sounds like it would be like M2.0 level of grip if the backstrap is also rough texture. If you are able to compare, do the 92X wraparound grips feel about the same thickness as classic 92FS plastic grips, thinner, or thicker?
    The texture is almost non-skid tape level of grip. I think they are grippier than the LTT grips, especially on the back strap. I don't know if they are any thinner as I don't have a regular FS to compare to, but they don't seem to be appreciably thick, but then I have big mitts.

See post #22 in this thread for thickness info.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    See post #22 in this thread for thickness info.
    I saw that and it was good info. Your wraparound grip is the G10 version though, and I was curious about the plastic ones that come with the 92X series (other than performance model).

Overall thickness isnt going to tell the whole story. It's the easiest measurement to get, but there's more going on there. Rear edge radius and overall surface area will make a bigger difference in how the gun feels than just the thickness. That's why the LTT grips work as such a great middle ground. They are slim in some spots, but they have more surface area thanks to the rolling surface, which still works for folks with medium-large hands. I don't think anyone has an index of all the grip profile options, but that surface area thing makes a difference.

I saw that and it was good info. Your wraparound grip is the G10 version though, and I was curious about the plastic ones that come with the 92X series (other than performance model).
    Ah, I got you now. Hopefully someone has one and a set of calipers.

The 92X plastic wraparounds are so flexible I can stop the trigger from reseting just by gripping the pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List