Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Vertec or "Hump"?

I haven't tried the Vertec, yet. I was looking to buy one, when the LTT Centurion and Compact both, announcement happened. (changed my direction)
    I obtained the newest trigger, without the rest of the kit. I have a friend, seriously into 1911's, who likes his Langdon/Wilson guns, with the SRT. Based on a conversation we had, I wondered if I hated the Vertec, by default, would that change, with the more forward, new trigger. (does that affect grip/finger placement, etc).

I'd really like to find a deal on a used X, as all my humped 92's, keep me happy enough to not currently spend money on an expensive, experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    Medium, moderately skinny hands. Prefer the hump. Held a 92X Centurion a while back, and really like the new texture they put on the plastic stock grips. Would make me open to a Vertec if their new conversion grips also have a similar texture. Wonder if they'll make that texture grip for classic 92 frames?
    I don't know about new 92FS grips with that texture, but I do know that the 92X wraparound grips that come in the box have the same texture as the vertec grips the gun has installed from the factory.

Traditional grip combined with 4.9" barrel, original and optimal set up for form & function IMO.

Greatly prefer the classic aesthetics. Part of why I'll always own a 92/M9 series. Grew up lusting after the ones in movies, magazines, tv shows, trained with and carried in and out of military...so many, many hours spent bonding together.

Whatever is most hand-filling while still being secure in grasp seems to help trigger manipulation and recoil control for majority of folks...more support side real estate all the better. Slightly cammed wrist extends the trigger finger a little more and places lower for a proper DA pull, plus again contributes to better recoil control.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    I'd really like to find a deal on a used X...
    Recently a couple of places had them all on sale for $579 (locked and loaded?) to $620 (arms unlimited).
    PLUS they now have a $100 rebate on all 92X guns.

I got a new 92X Centurion (G/decocker) for $479 AFTER the rebate.
    --

QUESTION:
    Does anyone know who makes the THINNEST Vertec grips?

Quote Originally Posted by evi1joe View Post
    Recently a couple of places had them all on sale for $579 (locked and loaded?) to $620 (arms unlimited).

--

QUESTION:

So your ready to sell your Centurion used for $350?

(had issues with rebates and I think grips are going to be a while, until there are enough choices to make me want to experiment on new with perfectly good ammo money)

Quote Originally Posted by Manbearspider View Post
    I don't know about new 92FS grips with that texture, but I do know that the 92X wraparound grips that come in the box have the same texture as the vertec grips the gun has installed from the factory.
    I was hoping they would make new classic 92FS grips with the new texture for a good price on the BUSA online store.

Quote Originally Posted by evi1joe View Post

--

QUESTION:

I had LOK thin grips that are pretty thin (and cheap).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I do not care for the Vertec grip myself. I do find that the ultra thin G10's on a standard grip are much more favorable, although I could almost use a grip panel somewhere between factory and the ultra thin.

Most of my experience with them stems to the M9 I shoot all the time, and the 92 compact I have. Then I bought an LTT Centurion. While I had read some don't like the small amount of extra material below the beaver tail that is only present on the M9, I did not think much of it. The grip on the compact is enough different over the full size model that I never really noticed. When I got the full size grip with that slight cutout, it ain't much, but that makes a world of difference. I'd just about ship the M9 frame off to get that gap cut in since it's the pistol that has and will continue to have the greatest round count.

I own both, but much prefer the original grip. My fave setup is original grip frame + Vertec grip panels.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    Medium, moderately skinny hands. Prefer the hump. Held a 92X Centurion a while back, and really like the new texture they put on the plastic stock grips. Would make me open to a Vertec if their new conversion grips also have a similar texture. Wonder if they'll make that texture grip for classic 92 frames?
    Just bought a 92x and am a hump fan. The new wrap around grips have the same checkering on the backstrap as the sides.

User Tag List