Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vertec or "Hump"?

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    I've heard that thin, Vertec grips on a traditional grip is also a nice sensation.
    This right here for the win. Love this combo.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

My XL hands prefer the hump with VZ palm swell grips. I really hated the feel of the Vertec the first time around. However, I looked at a X Centurion, and whatever grips they use now feel way better than what I recall on Vertec 1.0.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Thought I would like the Vertec but much prefer the “hump” when shooting.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Thought I would like the Vertec but much prefer the “hump” when shooting.
    See, kinda the same deal - I THOUGHT I would like them. Mainly because I only like flat main spring housings on 1911's AND I tend to like small grips. My M&P 2.0 is wearing the second to the smallest backstrap. I even have thin panels on my CZ P01. I really don't have big hands. But for me, without the hump, the whole thing seems to "droop" forward (maybe if it was a compact it would be different) which pushes the trigger guard into my middle finger.

Mainly, I just wanted to see how popular that Vertec was. It seems like a LOT of folks prefer the traditional. I don't know about y'all but - the original points MUCH more naturally also. I was at the range yesterday, doing some "failure to stop" (aka "drug and armor") drills. (at 7-10yd) I don't use sights for the two center mass and just a flash picture for the one in the melon.

As far as trading it off, it had a couple things I needed that the LTT Elite did not come with stock - I know I could've paid a little extra and got NS on the LTT but I would also need a threaded bbl. The M9A3 came with both, so I leaned that way.

CRAIG -

Bro, I am so on the fence about THOSE wrap arounds. I am REALLY close. I just worry I'm gonna spend $80 on some grips and still not have what I am looking for. Realistically, they are in my near future, I just have to agonize over the decision for a little longer
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    This right here for the win. Love this combo.
    Me too, tried the hump, it doesn’t work for me.. I’ll take a Vertec all day long over a standard m92...

Most people prefer the standard frame. Some prefer the Vertec. The M9A3 conversion grips are way too fat for me. I like the Vertec grip just fine. I like the standard frame with thin grips just fine. I’ve found in actual testing I shoot these two setups so close to the same that it makes no real performance difference to me.

The newer conversion grips from the 92X line are head and shoulders above the M9A3 conversion grips.

I never had an issue with the original grip when shooting M9’s in the military, but I have fairly large hands. Finally got an M9A3 a while back and tried it with the Vertec grip. It was giving me a hot spot on the heel of my strong hand. I installed the wrap around grip for now but have never been a fan of rubber grips. I keep waiting for the wrap around G10 grips to go on sale but they never do. I think EL posted last year they are coming out with something similar so I’m being patient for now.

Traditional for me too... I prefer the arched main spring housing on a 1911 as well.

This is one of those where you really have to try it yourself. For me, the Vertec points better, and feels better. However, I tend to pull shots more with the Vertec. I could fix this by changing my grip, bit so far I’ve taken the lazy approach and juse use the wrap-arounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    These grips will be MUCH more to your liking than the rubber ones.
    https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/m9a...ertec/eu00083/
    They don't even look too bad on my tan M9A3.
    Those look really wide in the rear-view on Beretta's site. Like if it was polymer, you could have a triple-stack in there.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List