Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vertec or "Hump"?

Vertec or "Hump"?

Until I read the thread on the guy wanting a DAO Centurian, I had no idea there was so much PB love on here. Now that I know, I gotta ask -

Who prefers the Vertec grip and who prefers the traditional 92 angle?

I had never tried the Vertec. So, when I went back to Beretta after a LONG break, I liked the idea of the M9A3 giving the option to have either one. I quickly found I really do NOT care for the Vertec style. Unfortunately, I also found the Hogue wrap around doesn't really make it feel like a traditional Beretta 92. It gets close enough though, so it is getting plenty of range and carry time (with the fat grip).

Am I alone in preferring the classic 92 shape?
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    No. I like the Hogue G10 checkered on the old-school grip. I have big hands.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I think you'll find a mixed preference, with a majority preferring the non-Vertec frame style.

I prefer the "Hump" myself, but I also went with the Wilson thin grips. I've heard that thin, Vertec grips on a traditional grip is also a nice sensation.

I imagine that you could find your way into a pretty even trade for traditional grip, if you wanted.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by JATA View Post
    Until I read the thread on the guy wanting a DAO Centurian, I had no idea there was so much PB love on here. Now that I know, I gotta ask -

Who prefers the Vertec grip and who prefers the traditional 92 angle?

I had never tried the Vertec. So, when I went back to Beretta after a LONG break, I liked the idea of the M9A3 giving the option to have either one. I quickly found I really do NOT care for the Vertec style. Unfortunately, I also found the Hogue wrap around doesn't really make it feel like a traditional Beretta 92. It gets close enough though, so it is getting plenty of range and carry time (with the fat grip).

Am I alone in preferring the classic 92 shape?
    For me the traditional grip FEELS better, but it also places my trigger finger so that gets pinched about half the time. The Vertec grip does not, so I think that my return to the Beretta world will be an M9A3.

I really thought I might like the Vertec setup, as I’ve got hands on the smaller side of the bell curve, but found the full grip to be outstanding for me. I can get better support hand purchase on my LTT than any other gun I’ve got, and part of that is the spot opened up by the hump there.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Well you can toss the M9A3 conversion grips on if you don’t like the straight back. You can’t do anything cheap or easy the other way.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/m9a...m9a3/jgm9a3lb/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I prefer the original hump back style with standard thickness grips on it. I have an M9A3 that I keep going back and forth on just leaving it as a Vertec or putting a modified conversion grip on it. I saw a 92 Vertec online a while back for a good price and bought it. Really didn't like the Vertec grip at first but I started warming up to it...after listing it for sale and setting up a deal to trade it off. I didn't like it enough to back out of the deal but I was a little bummed to see it go. I got stupid lucky on GB though as was latter able to get a NIB M9A3 for $650. One day I might get a black M9A3 and have a barrel trimmed flush with the slide to make it look like a Vertec.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Standard, non vertec frame with LTT grips is my preference. I was ok with the oem beretta grips (not the hogues that originally came on my old 92 inox) but then tried the LTTs and they are perfect for me.

I'm a humpster.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

These grips will be MUCH more to your liking than the rubber ones.
    https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/m9a...ertec/eu00083/
    They don't even look too bad on my tan M9A3.
    20191112_160804 by craig stuard, on Flickr

User Tag List