Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt 1911 Slide/Barrel Lug Question

What did you end up doing with your slide? I'm attaching pictures of mine, since I'm now curious where I wasn't before.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    What did you end up doing with your slide? I'm attaching pictures of mine, since I'm now curious where I wasn't before.
    Those pictures look a lot like my slide. My pistol seems to lock up tight like yours.

Colt is sending me a return authorization. I explained the issue to the customer service rep and they want to see the pistol. As soon as I receive the email authorization I will send the pistol to Colt.

If you decide to call Colt be persistent. It took me about 10 phone calls to get through. I was supposed to receive the RMA email in two days. That was five days ago. They might have my pistol for months. We’ll see what happens. I appreciate everyone’s help.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KG View Post
    Those pictures look a lot like my slide. My pistol seems to lock up tight like yours.

Colt is sending me a return authorization. I explained the issue to the customer service rep and they want to see the pistol. As soon as I receive the email authorization I will send the pistol to Colt.

If you decide to call Colt be persistent. It took me about 10 phone calls to get through. I was supposed to receive the RMA email in two days. That was five days ago. They might have my pistol for months. We’ll see what happens. I appreciate everyone’s help.
    The last 1911 I sent to Colt was there 5 months but it came back properly fixed,

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The last 1911 I sent to Colt was there 5 months but it came back properly fixed,
    I sent my pistol in today, Colt customer service said I should expect 6 weeks.

I received a letter in my mailbox today from Colt dated 2/28/2020.

They will be installing a new slide. No cost.

My pistol arrived from Colt today. New slide. Nice, sharp 90 degree edges on the lug recesses. Looks great.

Thanks @Wayne Dobbs

Name:  98C583D3-1FFD-4BF5-A5CE-BE32F0EFEF9D.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  33.2 KB

Name:  F44D87FA-C18F-4173-A7AF-4BB958FC0323.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  85.3 KB

User Tag List