Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Assassination attempt on 2 NYPD MOS

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    A little m ore info now. Guy is a long term POS and the libs are responsible for him being out of jail.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-...riminal-record

I’m not LE, and probably should not be responding in here, let alone with this, but: reading the above article for specifics, I can't help thinking that shit would have ironed itself out on one of numerous occasions if NYPD could put a bit more effort into encouraging their officers to shoot back more effectively.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I’m not LE, and probably should not be responding in here...
    In the current circumstances and matter, I would agree. Simply because there are many reasons that may account for the inability to respond effectively to an unanticipated attack. And I think it does a disservice to the officers to speculate at this juncture.
    Last edited by blues; 02-09-2020 at 06:45 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Circumstances could prove me wrong, but I don’t see the Officers not returning fire as a failure of mindset or tactics. An ambush like this is difficult if not impossible to detect up until the gun appears, and the ability to perceive, decide, and act isn’t instantaneous. Plus keep in mind the challenges of getting a gun out of a duty holster while seated in a vehicle. Finally, it sounds like the driver Officer did respond by at least trying to get the vehicle in drive and off the X, which, given the benefit of time and analysis that we have (but these Officers didn’t), may have been the best tactical response vs. being stuck in a non-bulletproof box shooting it out with an opponent with several distinct advantages. Either way, they did something under pressure, and are alive now. My gut reaction without all the facts is that these cops did good, not the other way around.

I knew an Officer who survived a similar ambush who is only alive because the bad guy forgot to chamber a round or had a malfunction. In spite of this, the suspect was able to move position, get his gun running, and still fire the first round of the fight. This Officer, who was a hard man with two OISs under his belt, ended up losing his primary gun, his badge, and his UC vehicle, scrambled away from the first shots on his hands and knees, and had to back out of the fight when his backup ran dry. Having discussed/reviewed his case at length, I can’t see anything he could have done differently (except keeping his primary on his person while on surveillance). Sometimes these things just happen, and when they do, they happen fast.

deleted
    Last edited by Mark D; 02-09-2020 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I’m not LE, and probably should not be responding in here
    In a similar situation, but limiting my post to:
    Glad to see the one officer shot in the neck has left the hospital and that this terrorist is off the streets.
    Also glad his attack on the station wasn't worse. That could have gone very bad.

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

This has been on a (not so) slow boil in NYC for years. Strong language but under the circumstances, understandable. This mayor has never been one to stand up for the NYPD but through occasional lip service.

Some deblas thoughts on the police

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...icle-1.2036870
    The sad thing is that he thinks it's different for his kid than for my kid or grandkids.

Banned
    delete
    Last edited by HJB; 02-10-2020 at 02:26 PM. Reason: deleted

original post deleted...

...so let me just say, "Blue lives matter"
    Last edited by blues; 02-10-2020 at 02:30 PM.

User Tag List