Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Domestic Terrorism: Man Deliberately Rams Vehicle Into Tent Full Of GOP Volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    You're missing a few synagogue attacks, some abortion clinic attacks, and of course the Charleston church massacre on the right wing side (in the US) and the arrest of the Coast Guard who was planning attacks. Also the bombs in the mail. Both sides occasionally attack the other's supporters at rallies and marches.
    Another left wing terrorist attack: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ow/1914559001/

Both sides occasionally attack the other's supporters at rallies and marches.
    The cheek can only be turned so many times...………...

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    The cheek can only be turned so many times...………...
    Or else what? Thats what the police are for, not you.

Or else what? Thats what the police are for, not you.
    Yeah, OK

Yeah, OK
    You seem unconvinced that that is the appropriate action. What is your option in a functioning democracy?

Site Supporter
    You're missing a few synagogue attacks, some abortion clinic attacks, and of course the Charleston church massacre on the right wing side (in the US) and the arrest of the Coast Guard who was planning attacks. Also the bombs in the mail. Both sides occasionally attack the other's supporters at rallies and marches.
    Yes I am - I just listed a Sample. Dylan roof / Charleston church shooting was a big one, the Charlottesville VA unite the right violence as well.

Site Supporter
    Another left wing terrorist attack: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ow/1914559001/
    The Dayton guy was a left winger but the motives for the attack are not clear.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    True, most of the incidents you have sighted can be considered domestic terrorism , a relatively new term. It isn't state supported terrorism like 911. Most of these acts where by individuals acting alone without connection to any organization, or in your words "random assholes lashing out".

I'm not seeing a lot of difference between a riot that kills people and a guy that walks into a church and kills people other than the property damage. It's all directed at somebody and people die. I'm not going to get into body counts. My point was, and still is, that we haven't had any serious riots since the 90's. Ferguson doesn't count. The 60's and 70's were turbulent times in this country and to dismiss that is at best not considering that period of "chaos and instability". The goal was the same, the methods were just different.

We now have another serious problem but it isn't something that can't be dealt with, just like riots were.

OAO.
    The difference is motivation.

Dylan Roof and the Charleston church shooting vs Sutherland springs church shooting. Both are evil acts but only one had a political or social goal.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The difference is motivation.

Dylan Roof and the Charleston church shooting vs Sutherland springs church shooting. Both are evil acts but only one had a political or social goal.
    Splitting hairs, ain't you, boss?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Splitting hairs, ain't you, boss?
    Terrorism actually has a specific definition and political goals are an important part of it. It’s not splitting hairs. There are all sorts of despicable acts happening all the time that aren’t terrorism. The word terrorism is suffering from the same problem that the word nazi is, namely that people are starting to overuse it in cases that aren’t appropriate and that waters down the concept.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List