Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Domestic Terrorism: Man Deliberately Rams Vehicle Into Tent Full Of GOP Volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    It was then that I realized that being white means not having to apologize for the evil that other whites do, unlike every other group in the country that feels the weight of every evil deed committed by "one of their own."
    I'm going to disagree with you there. There's plenty of white shame, white guilt, white apologists for everything from white privilege to slavery to racism whether or not the white individuals had any role in anything to apologize for.

White cops feeling the heat for the actions of other white cops, whether warranted or not.

Whites of various ethnic groups or religions who feel that they are judged by the actions of other members of their community, regardless of how closely related they are to those particular communities.

When Rodney King got beaten, my black partners didn't cringe at what he did. They were angry about what was done to him and that anger made them lose sight of the atrocities visited upon Reginald Denny who was an innocent party.

It caused some hard feelings between good friends...to the point I felt they should turn their badges in if they couldn't be color blind. But we got past that and friendship overcame that setback.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    We have a fairly active branch of the KKK in my neck of the woods, and they are so cowardly they changed the site of their most recent march to another damn county at the last second.

I wonder if that has anything do with all the black folks who exercise their 2A rights in our county?

Nah, couldn't be. 😉
    The KKK is irrelevant and has been for long time. You are two to three generations behind where the white supremacy movement is now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    We had a lot of "law and order" in the last century. That started the Rodney King riot in 92. 63 people were killed with 1B in damages. Helicopter news coverage was in its infancy but we saw most of it, blow by blow. That makes Antifa and Alt Right demonstrations look pretty tame.

https://youtu.be/kzuWr0FYe5Y?t=704
    The Rodney King riots are civil unrest but not domestic terrorism - they are just random assholes lashing out. If you want to play let’s remember the 1990s the Oklahoma City Bombing, which was actual domestic terrorism killed 168 and wounded 680.

You also fail to take into account that while government moves slow, ands the horse may be gone, but after 9/11 and the OKC bombing they did at least shut the door on repeats.

Just the recent incidents I cited up thread -

Right wing
    El Paso wal mart shooting - 22 killed - 24 wounded - shooter surrendered
    Pittsburgh synagogue shooting - 11 killed- 6 wounded plus the shooter

Left wing
    Congressional baseball shooting - 4 wounded plus the ginman dead.
    Tacoma ICE detention center attack - shooter killed by police

Dallas police ambush - 5 killed, 11 wounded plus the shooter.
    Baton Rouge police ambush 3 killed, 3 wounded plus the shooter

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm going to disagree with you there. There's plenty of white shame, white guilt, white apologists for everything from white privilege to slavery to racism whether or not the white individuals had any role in anything to apologize for.

White cops feeling the heat for the actions of other white cops, whether warranted or not.

Whites of various ethnic groups or religions who feel that they are judged by the actions of other members of their community, regardless of how closely related they are to those particular communities.

When Rodney King got beaten, my black partners didn't cringe at what he did. They were angry about what was done to him and that anger made them lose sight of the atrocities visited upon Reginald Denny who was an innocent party.

It caused some hard feelings between good friends...to the point I felt they should turn their badges in if they couldn't be color blind. But we got past that and friendship overcame that setback.
    Let me re-phrase tbat. Being upper-middle class white means such.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Student
    I'm also going to disagree.
    I refuse to entertain the notion that I'm beholden to anyone on the basis of common race or religion, or tax bracket. I am not upper-middle-class nor white, either.

Pushing the acceptance of collective guilt along those lines runs contrary to the individualism that is critical to the American spirit.

On a side note with intraracial violence, here's a snippet from a womens' self defense course from ASP.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The Rodney King riots are civil unrest but not domestic terrorism - they are just random assholes lashing out. If you want to play let’s remember the 1990s the Oklahoma City Bombing, which was actual domestic terrorism killed 168 and wounded 680.

You also fail to take into account that while government moves slow, ands the horse may be gone, but after 9/11 and the OKC bombing they did at least shut the door on repeats.

Right wing

Left wing

You're missing a few synagogue attacks, some abortion clinic attacks, and of course the Charleston church massacre on the right wing side (in the US) and the arrest of the Coast Guard who was planning attacks. Also the bombs in the mail. Both sides occasionally attack the other's supporters at rallies and marches.

Let me re-phrase tbat. Being upper-middle class white means such.
    Still disagree but see no point in arguing the case.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Right wing

Left wing

True, most of the incidents you have sighted can be considered domestic terrorism , a relatively new term. It isn't state supported terrorism like 911. Most of these acts where by individuals acting alone without connection to any organization, or in your words "random assholes lashing out".

I'm not seeing a lot of difference between a riot that kills people and a guy that walks into a church and kills people other than the property damage. It's all directed at somebody and people die. I'm not going to get into body counts. My point was, and still is, that we haven't had any serious riots since the 90's. Ferguson doesn't count. The 60's and 70's were turbulent times in this country and to dismiss that is at best not considering that period of "chaos and instability". The goal was the same, the methods were just different.

We now have another serious problem but it isn't something that can't be dealt with, just like riots were.

OAO.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    I'm not seeing a lot of difference between a riot that kills people and a guy that walks into a church and kills people other than the property damage.
    I'm sorry but that makes no sense as the causality is different and prevention/response is quite different.

You are taking a myopic view equating the last American civil war with civil wars in general. Yugoslavia and Rwanda had neither of the conditions you mentioned. Economic differences are only one type of fundamental difference.

Religion and “tribe” regardless of how you want to define tribe, can and have been sources of conflict.

Fundamental differences... like cultural divide we have now .... the electoral college is the main thing keeping a lid on that.

As for the comparatively peaceful time vs the times of the SLA this just tells me you haven’t been paying attention.

Black nationalists murdering cops from ambush in Dallas and Baton Rouge, left wing extremists shooting up Republican Congressmen at softball practice and Immigration detention centers, and lets not forget the right wing extremists slaughtering innocent people in synagogues and Walmart’s due to their religion or ethnicity. I guess it’s relatively peaceful compared to what’s going on in Mexico right now.
    The actions and reactions that led to the Spanish Civil War has striking parallels to what is going on today here.

The causes of the American Civil War were highly atypical, and the American Civil War V1.0 is neither predictive of how V2.0 will start nor how it will develop.

User Tag List