Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top 20 Most Dangerous Jobs in The USA

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Working at TTI must have just missed the list at #21.
    Being a "shitty mod" also somehow missed making the grade.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Virginia View Post
    Told me that if he had to sit behind a desk all day he would be dead within a week.

As I'm fighting to stay healthy in my late 40s, I wonder what those statistics would look like if they included "people who get diabetes or coronary artery disease because they sit on their ass all day at work."
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    but I probably won’t get crushed to death between, say, a ‘cello and a tuba anytime, ever.
    Then you're doing band/orchestra wrong...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Being a "shitty mod" also somehow missed making the grade.
    I actually clicked in here to make that joke, only to find out that my PF puns nemesis beat me to it

*Shakes fist at @blues again...*

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    I actually clicked in here to make that joke, only to find out that my PF puns nemesis beat me to it

*Shakes fist at @blues again...*
    There's nothing civil about this war.

#3. I guess that is technically one of the reasons I quit and decided to study, but it wasn't even in the top 3 of reasons..

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    #3. I guess that is technically one of the reasons I quit and decided to study, but it wasn't even in the top 3 of reasons..
    When I move along from my current...occupation...this is what I want to get into. I’ve always been fascinated by the ocean, and sailing. Spending a couple days in the gulf of Maine on a sailboat, I’m hooked. Got my TWIC card recently, and at some point want to pursue getting my six-pack...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Sewer workers surprised me.
    Working below grade is dangerous. Trench collapses because such a problem in the late '90s that the FD had to get a whole bunch of specific gear/tools to have any chance of making a rescue. They would use the city's vac trucks to get a lot of dirt off the trapped workers quickly. The state safety agency then mandated the use of certain equipment and procedures to protect workers.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List