Thread: Thai Shooting Rampage

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Thai Shooting Rampage

Not much info at the moment. From BBC News:

A Thai soldier has shot dead "many people" in and around city of Korat, north-east of Bangkok, reports say.

Posts on social media appear to show the scene of a shooting near a shopping centre in the city, which is also known as Nakhon Ratchasima.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Twenty dead as of the latest BBC update. The perpetrator apparently killed his commanding officer, stole weapons from a military camp and then traveled to a shopping center where he began shooting others. He’s currently believed to be holed up inside the shopping center.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Horrible. Prayers for the dead and wounded.

Perhaps too soon, but only the government should have guns.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    From BBC News:

A soldier who killed 26 people in a gun rampage in the Thai city of Nakhon Ratchasima has been shot dead by the security forces, Thai police say.

Jakraphanth Thomma on Saturday killed his commanding officer before stealing weapons from a military camp.

The suspect continued his attack on the streets and in a shopping centre in Nakhon Ratchasima, also known as Korat.

The gunman, who posted material to social media, was shot dead after being cornered all night in the building.

Thailand's Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha gave the higher death toll on Sunday, an increase from an earlier figure of 20. Fifty-seven people are wounded.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I saw some footage from a FB Live video of people going up and down the streets checking on the people shot, most were dead. You could hear gunshots in the background, people on the sidewalk shot dead, shot off their motorcycles and scooters.

Site Supporter
    Just what Thailand needs right now. Another excuse for the military dictator to infringe on the few civil liberties afforded Thais. You know, for "Happiness to People".

But much of my Thai family's reaction to this even underscores what I like about them. They're supremely practical and measured compared to Americans, especially in 2020. Almost nobody cares about the guns - just the crazy person shooting them.

User Tag List