Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's talk about ear protection

I've had good luck here: http://www.earplugstore.com/foam-ear...uantities.html

Most industrial suppliers(Grainger) or safety suppliers (Lab Safety Supplies) carry bulk earplugs.

I recently got a set of custom molded siicone plugs - a guy was set up a gun show, he is some sort of audio-something or other. He takes the mold of your ear and then does some more work on them and you pick them up the same day.

I was skeptical but I've shot pistols and ARs with them now and have been really pleased. It's loud under a metal cover but I keep muffs in my bag for that or indoor.

I also find it very easy to hear people talking with them in.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    I recently got a set of custom molded siicone plugs - a guy was set up a gun show, he is some sort of audio-something or other. He takes the mold of your ear and then does some more work on them and you pick them up the same day.

I was skeptical but I've shot pistols and ARs with them now and have been really pleased. It's loud under a metal cover but I keep muffs in my bag for that or indoor.

I also find it very easy to hear people talking with them in.
    I'm actually thinking about calling up my ENT and having some custom plugs made.

I'd also like to get a set of electronic ear muffs. Any recommendations?

User Tag List